Shades of Red: Latest details from Tay’s fourth album and a Never Ever sneak peek
Hello Taylor Nation,
Here at the Swift Agency, still just one guy who’s about to go crazy as we get closer and closer to October, we’re excited about tomorrow’s premiere but concerned about region locks. I am not fond of the word “exclusive” and even less when it applies to limit premieres and videos by country boundaries. All this to say, I hope we can see the premiere outside the USA tomorrow.
Thankfully to tide us over, Rolling Stone is sharing an preview article of their interview with the Princess in Red talking about the eagerly expected Red album. Talking about the relationships upon which she was inspired for the many tracks (sixteen by her own admission) she reveals a bit of turmoil.
“I went through a few roller coasters,”says the Blonde With The Sparkly Guitar. “Trying to chronicle each step of the way was challenging, because you go to some really dark places with the lyrics. Then in the next track, you’re talking about how amazing it is to meet somebody new.”
She has gone the opposite direction of Speak Now by collaborating with new producers and artists such as Max Martin and Dan Martin (frequent Adele collaborator). ”I felt like an apprentice,” confesses T-Swizzle. “They taught me so much about melodic sense, and they let me do what I love, which is the lyrics.”
Big surprises coming up? There’s a mention of the new track State of Grace, which Rolling Stone describes as “a howling, U2-style epic with reverb-drenched guitars.” There will be an acoustic duet with Ed Sheeran. Another track is described as a dubstep-inspired bass breakdown. I’m looking forward to seeing Amos J. Heller shine on that one when they play it live.
“I know general things about love,” says the Enchantress. “How to treat people well, what you deserve and when to walk away. Other than that, love is a complete mystery – and that’s why I like to write about it.”
You can read up more on the article preview at Rolling Stone. The full interview will be available on the September 13 edition of Rolling Stone magazine. Thirteen. There’s that number again. Someone should ask the Queen of Sparks if it means anything to her. Just kidding.
Oh, and don’t watch this. Just don’t. It’s a 13-second sneak peek of We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together from CMT via YouTube. Do NOT press play on this clip!
You watched it anyway, huh?
The premiere starts tomorrow, with a half-hour special on CMT with the Enchantress talking to hosts Katie Cook, Evan Farmer and some lucky fans in-studio to discuss her newest hit single at 7:30 p.m. ET/PT. Then don’t forget to tune in as Tay joins Sway Calloway on MTV First: Taylor Swift to premiere her video for We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together at 7:49 ET/PT.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- August 30: Confirmed video premiere of We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together on MTV First: Taylor Swift with Sway Calloway at 7:49pm Eastern Time/Pacific Time on MTV, CMT and TeenNick.
- September 5: The 46th Annual CMA Awards nominations are revealed on Good Morning America at the Hard Rock Cafe on Times Square in New York City.
- September 6: MTV’s VMA 2012 at 8/7c. Taylor Swift is scheduled to perform.
- September 7: The Stand Up To Cancer Telethon at 8pm EDT on all major US TV networks. Taylor Swift performs.
- September 9: The CCMA Awards will be broadcasted live across Canada on Sunday September 9th at 8 p.m. on CBC, with encore airings on CMT (Canada) starting at 10 p.m. E.T.
- September 13: Taylor Swift performs at the Citibank Hall on Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. More details at Taylor Swift Brazil.