News Update: Taylor in New York, Brian Mansfield, a silly prank and MTV rehearsals
Hello Taylor Nation,
Here at the Swift Agency, still a guy that has been sleeping the day away without doing anything productive until now, we are looking forward to the MTV VMA Awards but just for a certain Sparkly Dressed’s performance. The rest of the show has very little value to me and the Enchantress is not up for any awards. MTV will try to get us Swifties, Taylorgeeks and Taylor fans glued to the screen by announcing she’s “coming up” after every commercial break.
The Princess in Red was walking around in New York City on Friday, August 31st. I believe this must be part of a photoshoot. She looks amazing. I love that “You don’t want to fight me” look she’s got going on.
Brian Mansfield, the Nashville correspondent for USA Today, has been battling colon cancer. Recovering from surgery, he’s written this amazing article that mentions the Blonde With The Sparkly Guitar. Taylor reached him without any bells and whistles before he even made his condition public. It’s glad to know there’s still some niceness in the world. We all hope the best for Brian
Unfortunately, there’s also meanness left. There’s an prank going on from certain sites to create a massive upvote in TaylorSwiftOnCampus.com for the Horace Mann School for the Deaf. The intention is the lame joke that an artist’s singing is so bad that only the deaf would appreciate it. The added cruelty is that they’re using a school of deaf children. If Taylor doesn’t play, the bullies get to say that she’s being mean. If Taylor plays, they get to have their way and use the punchline to a lame joke. You can read the original story at Gawker.com.
However, children with hearing impediments can still hear music through vibrations, hearing aids, sign language and connect to it. They would also benefit from the money. The Tennessean has a good idea in saying that if this prank works, Taylor could just own it and play her heart out for the school. We’ll see how this one ends.
In case you haven’t heard, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together finally is available on YouTube with no region locks. Although I edited the original premiere post, my email subscribers may have missed it so here it is
The Queen of Sparks is on full rehearsal mode as she practices for the MTV VMA awards coming up later this week! What she’s got cooked up for her performance is being kept under very tight wraps. “I get nervous — really, really, really nervous,” she tells MTV News. You can read (and see a clip that we can’t because there’s a region lock in there) about the interview on MTV News.
Here’s her promotion for the show with Kevin Hart, who is the host for the evening.
The 2012 MTV Video Music Awards will air live from Staples Center in Los Angeles on Thursday, September 6, at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- September 5: The 46th Annual CMA Awards nominations are revealed on Good Morning America at the Hard Rock Cafe on Times Square in New York City.
- September 6: The 2012 MTV Video Music Awards will air live from Staples Center in Los Angeles at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Taylor Swift is scheduled to perform.
- September 7: The Stand Up To Cancer Telethon at 8pm EDT on all major US TV networks. Taylor Swift performs.
- September 9: The CCMA Awards will be broadcasted live across Canada on Sunday September 9th at 8 p.m. on CBC, with encore airings on CMT (Canada) starting at 10 p.m. E.T.
- September 10: Taylor Swift will appear at the CityTV offices in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for an interview about her upcoming album, Red. Be part of the audience by signing up for the contest.
- September 13: Taylor Swift performs at the Citibank Hall on Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. More details at Taylor Swift Brazil.