Showcase: Ella Mae Bowen, a Girl on Fire
According to her words on the Big Machine Records website, Ella Mae Bowen was born and raised in Walhalla, South Carolina. She used to hammer on her 80’s Yamaha keyboard, and was sung to by her parents. She has a brother named Jed. Although her lungs were not developed at birth, that has never stopped her from singing very loudly even before she could talk. Her family constantly cheers her on. On October 5, 2011 she was signed onto a recording deal with our personal favorite label, Big Machine Records.
You can download 7 free original songs from Ella Mae by filling up this form. Here’s some video clips so that you get to know her
- Girl on Fire: Home video
- I Won’t Give Up: Cover of the Jason Mraz song
- Holding Out For A Hero: from the Footloose soundtrack
And this is just Ella Mae on the road opening for Natalie Stovall.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- September 5: The 46th Annual CMA Awards nominations are revealed on Good Morning America at the Hard Rock Cafe on Times Square in New York City.
- September 6: The 2012 MTV Video Music Awards will air live from Staples Center in Los Angeles at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Taylor Swift is scheduled to perform.
- September 7: The Stand Up To Cancer Telethon at 8pm EDT on all major US TV networks. Taylor Swift performs.
- September 9: The CCMA Awards will be broadcasted live across Canada on Sunday September 9th at 8 p.m. on CBC, with encore airings on CMT (Canada) starting at 10 p.m. E.T.