Countdown to RED: T minus 5 days. Release events update and more from VH1!
Hello Taylor Nation!
Here at the Swift Agency, just a guy who wants a nap all the time now, we CAN wait for RED. I don’t jump pages on a novel to find out the ending, I prefer to enjoy the story. That’s all I will say. State of Grace is out on iTunes. Have you bought it yet? The more I hear this song, the more I like it. Right now, Begin Again is my favorite single from RED but State of Grace is really catching up.
The Sparkly Dressed performed at Harvey Mudd College as part of VH1 Storytellers! Kate Spencer interviewed the Enchantress, and couldn’t help but fangirl quite a bit. Read the article here. There’s a clip in there that you can’t see outside the US, I’m afraid. I’ll post it when/if it appears somewhere else. The VH1 Storytellers episode with the Princess in Red will air on November 11. The article is excellent and incredibly charming, so I’m not going to spoil it: reading is recommended.
Billboard has compiled a nice summary of most of the events of release week! And I thought I had a good one… Ok, let’s bring you up to date. By the way, I had to slightly correct Billboard – October 22 is a Monday.
Monday, October 22
Times Square appearance on “Good Morning America.” A group of her Twitter followers and Facebook fans will be with Swift as she bounces between media appearances, talking about the day on their social media platforms. What “Entertainment Tonight” is calling “Taylor Swift Week” will include interviews on “Access Hollywood,” “E! News” and “Extra.” She will also sit down for a live Q&A with SiriusXM, to air October 22 at 2 p.m. ET.
Tuesday, October 23
Day two of the 22-year-old pop star’s wild week (October 23) has her scheduled to appear again on “Good Morning America” and perform on “The Late Show with David Letterman.” Adding to Billboard’s article, this appearance on GMA is a mini-concert performance.
Wednesday, October 24
She will be on “The View” on that Wednesday. In addition to all of her press and TV appearances, Swift will take part in Scholastic’s “Read Every Day” literacy event at the company’s NYC headquarters on October 24.
Thursday, October 25
She’s appearing on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show”. Note from me here, this is the interview and performance from October 18.
Friday, October 26
She will join Katie Couric on ABC’s “Katie,” before being featured on a “20/20″ primetime special, “All Access Nashville.”
You can read the original story on Billboard.
Keep your eyes on the Calendar page! There’s more events showing up.
Remember to vote for Taylor Swift! She’s nominated for:
- The 2012 MTV EMA (November 11) for Best Female, Best Pop, Best Look, Best Live and Best World Stage. You can vote here.
- The American Music Awards (November 18) for Favorite Female Country Artist. You can vote here.
- The American Country Awards (December 10) for Artist of the Year, Best Female Artist, Single of the Year, Best Female Single and Best Female Video. You can vote here.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- October 18: Taylor Swift will tape and perform at The Ellen DeGeneres Show. The episode is scheduled to air October 25.
- October 20: Akoo will become RED TV for Taylor Swift’s 1-hour special program on the upcoming launch of RED.
- October 22: Taylor Swift’s fourth album, Red, is released!