RED Release Week: Everything Has Changed on iTunes and Taylor will host CMA radio special!
Hello Taylor Nation,
Here at the Swift Agency, still one guy who just wants to get some sleep dammit, we’re trying to keep you up to date on the latest from the Sparkly Dressed. In case you haven’t guessed it by now, there’s a bunch of stuff that I’m not getting to because I don’t have access to the proper media yet (Translation: I am aware the video for Begin Again was played at CMT but I can’t find a proper version). Nevertheless, I’ll eventually catch up. I hope. Here’s T-Swizzle arriving at the Ed Sullivan Theatre (Late Show with David Letterman) in New York City.
TaylorSwift.com now reports that her track Everything Has Changed which features Ed Sheeran, has taken the top post on iTunes. It keeps fluctuating with State Of Grace bidding for the spot as well as another non-Swift songs. She has 13 tracks on the top 20. The amount of all individual songs from RED now tops the 4.5 million downloads. USA Today’s Brian Mansfield reports that according to industry website Hits Daily Double, the album sold 262,000 units on its first day. Besides the album reaching the first spot in album sales in 32 countries’ iTunes charts, it has set a new Billboard record. The fastest time to reach 50 Hot 100 hits in history: six years and one month after her 2006 chart debut. The record was previously held by Aretha Franklin. The Enchantress is one of only five women in the 54-year history of the chart to reach this milestone: Aretha Franklin, Madonna, Connie Francis and Dionne Warwick. More at TaylorSwift.com.
The Princess in Red attended Kidd Kraddick for an interview. They asked her what goes through her mind when she wins an award, the giant birdcage at her home and the celebrities that get her starstruck.
Original story at KiddNation.com.
And this press release was just revealed by Brian Mansfield a moment ago:
LOS ANGELES, October 23, 2012 – Premiere Networks presents its 2012 CMA Awards Preview Special hosted by reigning “CMA Entertainer of the Year” Taylor Swift. The four-hour radio special, which airs in advance of “The 46th Annual CMA Awards,” features music and interviews with all the top stars, including Awards co-hosts Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Eric Church, Jason Aldean, reigning “CMA Female Vocalist of the Year” Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, reigning “CMA Male Vocalist of the Year” Blake Shelton, reigning “CMA Vocal Duo of the Year” Sugarland, Eli Young Band and Lady Antebellum, among others. The special is currently being broadcast to stations nationwide.
International superstar Taylor Swift, who is nominated for “CMA Entertainer of the Year,” “CMA Female Vocalist” and “Musical Event of the Year” for her collaboration with The Civil Wars on “Safe and Sound,” just released her fourth album, Red worldwide today, October 22.
“The 46th Annual CMA Awards,” hosted by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, will air live on Thursday, November 1, (8:00 – 11:00 PM/ET) from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville on the ABC Television Network. In addition to presenting a live radio broadcast of the Awards telecast and red carpet interviews with the stars, Premiere will host the country’s top radio groups and stations as they broadcast their shows from Nashville in the days leading up to the Awards presentation. This year’s all-inclusive strategy has resulted in triple the number of stations participating and has doubled the reach to more than one million listeners. Sponsors of the remote and/or radio package include Green Mountain Coffee, Grainger and Walgreens.
- Brian Mansfield via Sulia.com
Remember to vote for Taylor Swift! She’s nominated for:
- The 2012 MTV EMA (November 11) for Best Female, Best Pop, Best Look, Best Live and Best World Stage. You can vote here.
- The American Music Awards (November 18) for Favorite Female Country Artist. You can vote here.
- The American Country Awards (December 10) for Artist of the Year, Best Female Artist, Single of the Year, Best Female Single and Best Female Video. You can vote here.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- October 22: Taylor Swift’s fourth album, Red, is released!
October 23: Taylor appears live on Good Morning America for a live concert.
- October 23: Late Show with David Letterman appearance/performance.
- October 24: Taylor Swift is scheduled to appear on The View on ABC.
- October 24: Scholastic’s Read Every Day live classroom webcast at 2pm ET / 11am PT.
- October 25: The Ellen DeGeneres Show episode with Taylor Swift airs. Check your local listings.
- October 26: Taylor returns to Nashville for the event “Taylor Swift Worldwide Radio Remote” presented by Papa John’s with 72 stations broadcasting live from Music City, including stations from South Africa and New Zealand.
- October 26: She will join Katie Couric on ABC’s Katie.
- October 26: Part two of Taylor’s interview with Nan Kelley on GAC’s Top 20 Country Countdown at 8p|7c.
- October 26: All Access Nashville with Katie Couric airs at 9|8c on ABC. Includes an interview with Taylor Swift.
- October 30: She performs on Dancing With The Stars on ABC.