The internet and the entire Swiftie community is still abuzz with the whole tour dates announcement. There are no pre-sales yet. In some cases there are no venues announced just yet. The Outspoken One seems to have gone into a well deserved Thanksgiving break. Here at the Swift Agency, where we are only one guy who is glad to catch some sleep, are not catching sleep any time soon. Tour news are coming out.
The tour dates announced have created several reactions throughout the local media outlets. A few have announced the possible venues the concerts will be held at. Nothing is written on stone, but pay attention to any dates. Remember official pre-sales information will come through the official mailing list. Register!
- The Boston Globe announces the venue for Foxborough, Massachusetts which is June 25 will be Gillette Stadium. Ticketmaster has also announced a pre-sale date staring November 29 at 10:00 am. This is Ticketmaster‘s pre-sale (only American Express cardholders), not the official Taylor Swift one.
- The Des Moines Register says the Outspoken One will try to sellout Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, Iowa again for May 29, 2011. Since that’s the venue Taylor has used before, it’s expected that’s the one she will use again. However no word on when tickets will be available.
- WBEN is theorizing on the venue for Buffalo, New York in June 21 to be Ralph Wilson Stadium, which hasn’t hosted a concert in a decade. Again, a theory and no official word.
- Courier Journal doesn’t know which is the venue for Louisville, Kentucky on July 2. They contacted officials from the local KFC Yum! center, but they could not confirm the event.
- The Montreal Gazette announces Taylor Swift’s Speak Now tour venue to be the Bell Centre on July 14, 2011. Ticket details will be announced on Monday, meaning November 29. It will be T-Swizzle’s first time in Montreal.
- The Edmonton Journal announced the August 18 and 19 dates for Edmonton, Alberta but without venturing any venue or ticket info.
- The Leader-Post from Regina theorizes a date could be added for Regina around the Edmonton dates. The author believes Taylor has enough power to sell out Mosaic Stadium. This is just theory, no dates yet.
- The Orange County Register thinks Taylor will probably choose the Staples Center for her August dates in Los Angeles, California but ventures she could probably sell the Dodgers Stadium. Actually no need to wonder about that, Ticketmaster has already announced it will be Staples Center.
- The Kansas City Star announces the venue for September 24 in Kansas City will be Arrowhead Stadium. Presale offers for the Arrowhead show will include Jackson County residents and Chiefs season ticket holders. Details to be announced in January.
- The Daily News Online confirmed Kansas City among six as stadium events: Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass. (June 25); Ford Field in Detroit (June 11), Heinz Field in Pittsburgh (June 18), Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia (Aug. 6), Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City (Sept. 24), and Cowboys Stadium in Dallas (Oct. 8).
- Access Atlanta confirmed this and added one more venue for July 9 and 10 in Atlanta, Georgia: Phillips Arena.
Remember the latest updates go in the Calendar.
- November 24: Taylor Swift will appear on the Chelsea Lately show. Check your local TV listings.
- November 25: “Taylor Swift – Speak Now” will document the days of the Speak Now album release including a trip from New York City to Los Angeles, her multiple performances, behind the scenes footage and her concert 30,000 feet in the air on a plane ride across the country. The special airs on NBC at 8PM Eastern Time.
- November 28: The pre-sale for the Speak Now tour dates in August 23 and 24 in Los Angeles, California begins on Ticketmaster at noon.
- November 29: The pre-sale for the Speak Now tour dates in June 25 begins on Ticketmaster at 10:00 am.
- November 30: The pre-sale for the Speak Now tour dates in September 1 and 2 in San Jose, California begins on Ticketmaster at 10:00am.
NOTE: Remember all the presales announced by Ticketmaster are not related to TaylorSwift.com, and on top of that they are only offered to American Express cardholders. Taylor Swift ‘s management will have their own, so do yourself a favor and join the official mailing list.