Taylor’s label, Big Machine Records, revealed artist Peter Max has been working on new art inspired by Taylor Swift’s covers. Starting this Sunday, December 12, you can obtain a copy at TaylorSwift.com. You might want to check out the other deals they have (then again, if you’re already broke you might not want to check…).
Starting today at 10:00am, Ticketmaster.com has the two new dates for the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA, August 27 and 28 available for general sale.
And GAC is sharing celebrity recipes! The Outspoken One’s favorite cookies are up at day 11. A little shoutout to Country Music Tattle Tale for letting us know. Not that they need it, they’re one of the best sites for Country music news so I’d check them out if I was you.
Here’s recipe via the Food Network:
For the cookies:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
For the frosting:
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon
- Whole pecans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixer, fitted with a paddle, cream the sugar and the butter until light and fluffy. Add the maple syrup and eggs. Mix to incorporate. Add the pumpkin and mix to incorporate. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cloves. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix well. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown around the edges. Cool on racks. When cool, ice with the cream cheese frosting.
For the Frosting: In a mixer, fitted with a paddle, add the cream cheese. Beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth. Add milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. If frosting is too thick, thin with a little more milk. Fold in the lemon zest. When cookies are cool spread with some of the frosting. Garnish with a whole pecan.
Update: I just heard the voting is now closed.
You can also vote for Taylor Swift’s album Speak Now for Album of the Year at the Z100 Awards. Also up for Favorite Fan Forum is Tayswift.com, which gets a shoutout from us. Go vote! Results are announced on December 24.
Coming up in the Calendar!
- December 10: The concert dates of August 27 and 28 in Los Angeles, CA at the Staples Center are on sale to the general public on Ticketmaster at 10:00am.
- December 12: The Hub will rerun their Taylor Swift special The Journey To Fearless.
- December 13: Do I really need to tell you what happens on this date???
Coming up in January, 2011!
- January 5: The People Choice Awards are broadcast on CBS at 9/8c. Voting is open now. Taylor Swift is up for Female Artist of the Year and Country Artist of the Year. Vote here.