The Forever and Always Fearless One wrapped up the Asian leg of her Speak Now World Tour with her first ever concert in Hong Kong, China. As she was readying for her performance at the AsiaWorld-Expo, she was approached by a long line of music executives from Universal Music who had commemorative plaques to present for several milestones reached by her albums in Asia, according to the Associated Press.
Speak Now has gone platinum in Indonesia, South Korea, the Philippines and Taiwan. Her previous album, Fearless, has sold an aproximate 400,000 units so far.
It really touches me every time I look down and I see all the fans singing the words to my songs, having written the lyrics, knowing that they connect in countries where English really isn’t spoken by everyone. It means the world to me.
– Taylor Swift via the Associated Press.
You can read the complete story in the Associated Press.
The Outspoken One is traveling back home soon. She will touch down in Nashville for a few days before starting the European Leg in Brussels, Belgium on March 6.
Coming up in the Calendar!
- February 25: Tickets for Omaha, Buffalo, Indianapolis, Tacoma and Dallas go on sale for the general public.
- February 26: Caitlin Evanson‘s Birthday.
- March 6: Speak Now tour in Brussels, Belgium at Forest National. Click here for ticket info.
- March 7: Speak Now tour in Rotterdam, Holland at Ahoy Rotterdam. Click here for ticket info.
(Source: Associated Press)