Brad Paisley is the latest cover story for Billboard magazine and rightly so. CMA’s reigning Entertainer of the Year and ACM’s Top Male Vocalist, he has been working hard on his new and eagerly awaited album, This Is Country Music. The very title track is a certified hit already.
“I’m not comfortable doing a covers album,” Brad tells Billboard. “Those songs have been done as well as they could’ve been done or they wouldn’t have been hits. No one needs to recut ‘He Stopped Loving Her Today.’ George Jones recut ‘Hello Darlin’ ‘ in honor of Conway [Twitty] and between those two, you can put that one to rest . . . Same with ‘A Country Boy Can Survive,’ and ‘Take Me Home Country Roads’ . . . I wanted the album to be ‘This Is Country Music’ now, not then.”
You can read the full story on Billboard.
Taylor Swift used to open for Brad Paisley. That’s where she met Kellie Pickler and that’s also where she learn to prank people back. Well, in all honesty, she also got pranked pretty bad touring with Rascal Flatts.
The Sparkly Dressed is shooting some music videos… presumably in Los Angeles, California. She’s supposed to be shooting a video for Mean, since she recently released it to Country radio. Also up for a video soon, if not simultaneously, is Story Of Us.
Coming up in the Calendar!
- April 15: General ticket sales for Bossier City, Glendale, San Antonio and Houston on Ticketmaster.com.
- April 22: CBS airs the Academy of Country Music special Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country.
- April 30: Grant Mickelson‘s Birthday.
- May 22: Billboard Music Awards.
- May 27:Elizabeth Huett‘s Birthday.
- May 27: Speak Now tour in Omaha, Nebraska at Qwest Center. Sold Out.