According to Country Music Is Love, the wedding of Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton is really “Country Music’s Royal Wedding.” The two country music superstars will tie the knot at an undisclosed location in the state of Texas today, May 14.
“We’re having deer meat served at our wedding — we’ve already got a pile of ‘em ready,” Blake revealed late last year. “It was actually her idea, so when your girlfriend thinks like that, it makes it easy for me just to show up and have a good time.”
”I made the stupid mistake of telling people what kind of a groom’s cake I want, and she pulled me aside a couple days ago and said, ‘Hey, you’re not doin’ anything with cakes,’ Blake told Nashville.com. “Because I guess I said something about having a cake made that looks like a cat, so I could cut its head off. She said, ‘I know you think that’s funny, but it’s not.’ So the one thing I thought I had control over, and that’s now been taken away.”
You can read more wedding details on Country Music Is Love‘s full coverage.
Here’s a news piece from CMT.com about the wedding:
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Check Country Music Is Love to see some wedding gifts ideas from friends of the bride and groom.
Update! It’s official. The wedding took place at Texas’ Don Strange Ranch, according to Us Weekly.
Coming up in the Calendar!
- May 14: The wedding of Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton.
- May 21: Speak Now… Help Now will be held at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee. All proceeds go to the tornado aid relief effort.
- May 22: The Billboard Music Awards 2011 air live on ABC at 8pm ET/ 5pm PT.
- May 27: Elizabeth Huett‘s Birthday.
- May 27: Speak Now tour in Omaha, Nebraska at Qwest Center. Sold Out.