Hello Taylor Nation!
David Cook is not only The Agency’s keyboard player, he’s the musical director for the Speak Now Tour. With all the cues that Taylor needs to hit, there’s music involved that has come in at certain places in every live performance. The enormity and complexity of a night’s performance is now a lot closer to live theater than the unforgettable Fearless Tour. David has a wealth of experience not only in playing music but in arranging it and composing it.
David released an album called Pathway under the Brooklyn Jazz Underground Records label back in 2010. After not having any more bills to pay this month, I decided to get it from iTunes. It’s instrumental jazz. I know this may be a far cry from Taylor’s music but it is music after all. I believe you should listen to all kinds of genres. I don’t claim to be an expert, but I think you’ll find it soothing, relaxing and upbeat. If you’ve never listened to jazz or even if you have, give this a chance and you will not regret it.
David Cook is married to Shayna Steele, who is a singer/songwriter currently touring with Rihanna. She has a full length album, I’ll Be Anything which was written, recorded and produced with David over the course of three years.
Coming up in the Calendar!
- November 13: Miami, Florida at American Airlines Arena.
- November 16: Charlotte, North Carolina at Time Warner Cable Arena. Sold Out.
- November 17: Raleigh, North Carolina at RBC Center. Sold Out.
- November 18: Columbia, South Carolina at Colonial Life Arena. Click here for ticket info.
- November 20: The 2011 American Music Awards live on ABC at 8|7c from the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, California. Taylor Swift is nominated for Artist of the Year, Country Music Favorite Female Artist and Country Music Favorite Album. She is also scheduled to perform.