Hello Taylor Nation,
The Sparkly Dressed played the Time Warner Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina on November 16, 2011. According to the Charlotte Observer, the Outspoken One has such command of the stage that the amount of activity is close, but never enough, to take the spotlight from her. The article believes she struts like a runway model, is not up to par to a musical virtuoso but competent enough guitar and piano player and is not a professional dancer but has the hip swash to be attractive.
I’d agree for the most part, although I’d say she’s far more experienced with the acoustic guitar than people give her credit. Watch her during her acoustic set and you’ll see what I mean. She’s not doing any covers lately though.
I love the Queen of Sparks, but if I had to describe her dancing I’t say it’s awkwardly adorable. I love her, but she’s not the most coordinated dancer. Actually, let me rephrase that: I love her because she’s not the coordinated dancer.
By the way, a question that I’ve heard time to time is why most photos from reviews are from the first acts. That’s because most venues only allow the press to take photos at the beginning. That’s the reason most of the times we get pictures from Sparks Fly, Mine (yeah she’s playing this one again) and The Story Of Us.
The Arm Lyrics were: “I feel lost again but this time for the best.” – Gregory & the Hawks, For the Best.
Here’s a featurette on the Lorax with Taylor Swift, Zac Efron, Danny DeVito, Betty White and more:
And this is a non-official, fan-made video for Mary’s Song (oh my my my) from the crew at MainStay Productions. This is fan made? Looks better than a lot of professional stuff! Take a look 🙂
The Blonde with the Sparkly Guitar, the Agency and the Residents (that’s what the Speak Now dance crew are calling themselves) are playing Raleigh tonight, November 17.
Coming up in the Calendar!
- November 17: Raleigh, North Carolina at RBC Center. Sold Out.
- November 18: Columbia, South Carolina at Colonial Life Arena. Click here for ticket info.
- November 20: Taylor Swift appears on 60 Minutes at 7pm ET.
- November 20: The 2011 American Music Awards live on ABC at 8|7c from the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, California. Taylor Swift is nominated for Artist of the Year, Country Music Favorite Female Artist and Country Music Favorite Album. She is also scheduled to perform.
- November 21: The Speak Now World Tour CD+DVD is available in stores.