What do Civil Wars fan call themselves? I guess we could also be Civilians? Anyhow, please count me in 🙂
The duo of Joy Williams and John Paul White took their professional name inspired by the saying “Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle,” which is attributed to the philosopher Plato. They’ve been quoted as saying they love the fact that they can’t be categorized. That hasn’t stopped them from getting recognition, most notably the two grammies for Best Folk Album for Barton Hollow and Best Country Duo/Group performance.
They were very honored to perform the US National Anthem at Turner Field on April 13, right before the Atlanta Braves home opener. If you follow JP on Twitter, you probably know he’s a major baseball fan. Let’s go to the video!
And you need to watch this clip of them singing their cover of Leonard Cohen’s Dance With Me To The End Of Love, at the plaza outside the Turner Field. I love their banter. If you’ve ever seen them live, it’s amazing how funny they can be in comparison to how somber their songs are.
Coming up in the Calendar!
- April 30: Grant Mickelson‘s Birthday.
- May 1: B.o.B’s album Strange Clouds is released. Taylor Swift is featured in the track Both Of Us.
- May 13: Paul Sidoti‘s Birthday.
- May 27: Elizabeth Huett‘s Birthday.
- June 7-10: The 2012 CMA Music Festival takes place from June 7 to June 10. Taylor Swift is not in the lineup so far.