Hello Taylor Nation,
Here at the Swift Agency, still one guy who’s getting excited as the CMA Fest closes in, we’re hoping to bring back a lot of stories from Nashville like last year. The Queen of Sparks is not announced to perform or show up, but there’s one activity you might want to check out.
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum has announced a new exhibit opening on June 6, the day before the CMA Fest, titled Taylor Swift: Speak Now – Treasures from the World Tour. The exhibit will run from June 6 to November 4, 2012. To quote the press release, “The exhibition will include dozens of costumes, instruments, set pieces and props from the six-time Grammy winner’s acclaimed 2011-12 Speak Now World Tour, which entertained more than 1.5 million fans over 111 shows in 19 countries spanning four continents.”
Here’s the announced contents of the exhibit:
The Speak Now exhibition will recreate 10 vignettes from the tour, including the following artifacts:
- Taylor’s Roberto Cavalli ombre gold bugle-beaded dress and shimmering red Gibson Les Paul model electric guitar, featured during Swift’s performance of “The Story of Us”
- Taylor’s vintage ecru lace dress and Deering six-string banjo with rolled steel drum; fiddle player’s Marc by Marc Jacobs moss green crepe dress; male dancer’s soft-shoe costume including Brixton tartan plaid newsboy cap, shirt, pants, vest and oxfords; and numerous props including the 6′ x 8′ switchboard
- Taylor’s pale blue silk Marchesa gown with rhinestone bodice; and a white piano bench with tufted leather upholstery, both featured in “Back to December”
- Taylor’s red, sequined Jenny Packham slip dress and knee-high leather boots, worn during “Better Than Revenge”
- Taylor’s vintage purple silk halter dress; dancers’ costumes including a chiffon bridal gown with pearl- and bead-encrusted bodice, tulle veil and silk rose bouquet; two cotton-candy pink bridesmaids’ dresses with lace bodices and ruffled tulle skirts, and bouquets; groom’s ivory tuxedo and black pants; cleric’s vestments; and props including retro microphone, all featured during “Speak Now”
- Taylor brand koa wood ukulele with mother-of-pearl inlay, whose “happy sounds” Swift elicited during her acoustic performance of “Fearless”
- Taylor’s sleeveless, flesh-colored Reem Acra gown with sequin overlay; female dancer’s ballerina costume, comprised of a gold and ivory brocade bodice and pastel tulle tutu, embellished with pastel tulle flowers, seed pearls and beading; male dancer’s tunic and leggings; and prop trees; all featured in “Enchanted”
- Taylor’s re-worked vintage dress, featuring leather corsetry; and the mallet she used to ring the bells during her performance of “Haunted”
- Taylor’s black Jenny Packham flapper-style slip dress with rhinestone embellishments; black knee-high leather boots; and Taylor brand “sparkle” guitar encrusted with Swarovski crystals and featuring a headstock outlined in crystals and embellished with a crystal “13,” featured during “Long Live”
- Taylor’s golden Valentino ball gown, featuring layers of tulle and a sequin overlay; dancers’ and aerialists’ costumes; and the “Juliet balcony” in which Swift soared above the crowd during each performance of “Love Story.”
Yes, since I will be in town, I will go take a look 🙂
Don’t forget to VOTE for Taylor Swift for the 2012 CMT Music Awards! She is nominated for Video of the Year and Collaborative Video of the Year both along with the Civil Wars for Safe And Sound and Female Video of the Year for Ours. If it keeps saying you already voted, log off and clear you cache.
Tickets are on sale NOW for Tequila Sunrise, Paul Sidoti‘s tribute band to the Eagles, once again taking the stage at the House of Blues Cleveland on Friday, June 15. Get your tickets on LiveNation.com. You can also RSVP to the event on Facebook.
Coming up in the Calendar!
- May 28: The CMA Fest online entry form period to win tickets to meet and greet lines at Fan Fair Hall closes at CMAfest.com.
- June 1: The notification of the passes to the Fan Fair Hall meet and greet lines are sent out. The passes are picked up at the CMA Fest.
- June 4: Last chance to vote for the 2012 CMT Music Awards.
- June 6: The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum opens the exhibit Taylor Swift: Speak Now – Treasures from the World Tour. It will include dozens of costumes, instruments, set pieces and props from the Speak Now World Tour. The exhibit runs from June 6 through November 4, 2012.
- June 6: The 2012 CMT Music Awards will air live from Nashville on CMT. Taylor Swift is nominated for Video of the Year and Collaborative Video of the Year both along with the Civil Wars for Safe And Sound and Female Video of the Year for Ours. You can vote now.
(Sources: Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum)