Hello Country Music fans,
Today, I spare some lines in this little blog of mine to review Carrie Underwood’s Blown Away album, now available in stores everywhere and of course on iTunes. This is Carrie’s fourth studio album. She’s added a bit of everything in here, making it quite diverse. The first single out was Good Girl, which is again a cautionary tale that is being compare to her hit Before He Cheats, but I see it a bit closer to Cowboy Casanova. There’s a bit of a dark and foreboding tale in both Blown Away and Two Black Cadillacs. You can also find a little Kenny Chesney-inspired beach party in One Way Ticket, a beautiful ballad in Thank God For Hometowns and some old country style fun in Cupid’s Got A Shotgun. At 14 tracks, it’s quite packed with hits.
I gotta say I keep switching favorites. My first pick was Two Black Cadillacs, but then I switched to Thank God For Hometowns and right now I love One Way Ticket. You will find at least one song you like (if not all) in this album, and you will be hard pressed to find one you don’t. You can buy the album now on iTunes.
Did you know that B.o.B’s new Strange Clouds album has been released? Includes the track Both Of Us which features the Sparkly Dressed herself. You can find it on iTunes. And don’t forget to VOTE for Taylor Swift for the 2012 CMT Music Awards! She is nominated for Video of the Year and Collaborative Video of the Year both along with the Civil Wars for Safe And Sound and Female Video of the Year for Ours. If it keeps saying you already voted, log off and clear you cache. Thanks to @marrieta65 for the tip!
Coming up in the Calendar!
- May 13: Paul Sidoti‘s Birthday.
- May 14: The CMA Fest online entry form period to win tickets to meet and greet lines at Fan Fair Hall opens at CMAfest.com.
- May 20: The 2012 Billboard Awards takes place in Las Vegas and is broadcasted live at 8/7c on ABC. Taylor Swift is nominated for Top Country Artist and Top Touring Artist.
- May 27: Elizabeth Huett‘s Birthday.
- May 28: The CMA Fest online entry form period to win tickets to meet and greet lines at Fan Fair Hall closes at CMAfest.com.
- June 1: The notification of the passes to the Fan Fair Hall meet and greet lines are sent out. The passes are picked up at the CMA Fest.
- June 4: Last chance to vote for the 2012 CMT Music Awards.