Hello Taylor Nation,
Here at the Swift Agency, one guy who just had to have power issues minutes before the video premiere, we’re glad that the video for We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together is out… but actually we don’t have it for you in this post 😦 Sorry! MTV will have it first exclusively for a while longer before other sites like YouTube finally can have it online. So, what do we know about this video? Well, it’s another breakup. Except this time, there is no reconciliation. Like ever.
Update: The video is now available on YouTube officially!
However this is not by any extension of the imagination a sad video. The Princess In Red starts in pajamas and her glasses throwing the guy out and then celebrating with a band of thieves in rip- wait, no… I mean a band of woodland creatures. It’s the Agency alright. Not quite sure if Grant Mickelson is a bear or a cat. Caitlin Evanson is a squirrel. Paul Sidoti is a donkey. Amos J. Heller will later appear as a cheeky monkey. Mike Meadows is a very chilled… woodchuck, perhaps? I can’t tell what Al Wilson and David Cook are just yet. No signs of Elizabeth Huett or Daniel Sadownick, but that just means they couldn’t attend. I keep checking out the clips hoping they’re somewhere in there.
Attending the party are bunch of high-jumping guests. Expect everyone to have the dancing moves down by the time the tour dates are announced. No, the tour dates are not announced yet! Breathe! Sorry I mentioned that… you ok? Anyway, the video is a lot of fun and I’m glad Taylor has a dance tune for her tour. Which is not happening yet. Be cool. Like Mike Meadows 🙂
After the premiere, the Sparkly Dressed hung around to get some questions from MTV News’ Sway Calloway. During the questions, she did revealed two more tracks. So here’s what we know so far:
- Everything Has Changed is the duet featuring Ed Sheeran. Rolling Stones already described it as “acoustic”
- I Knew You Were Trouble is a song that is “intense” according to Taylor’s description. It’s also the song she answered with when Sway asked her if there’s a song in there that she thought people would never expect from her.
- State Of Grace, described as a U2-style rock song on the Rolling Stones article.
- A dubstep inspired song, still nameless, also mentioned on the Rolling Stones article.
- Obviously, Red.
Update! The video for We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together is now up officially!
Coming up on the Calendar!
- September 5: The 46th Annual CMA Awards nominations are revealed on Good Morning America at the Hard Rock Cafe on Times Square in New York City.
- September 6: MTV’s VMA 2012 at 8/7c. Taylor Swift is scheduled to perform.
- September 7: The Stand Up To Cancer Telethon at 8pm EDT on all major US TV networks. Taylor Swift performs.
- September 9: The CCMA Awards will be broadcasted live across Canada on Sunday September 9th at 8 p.m. on CBC, with encore airings on CMT (Canada) starting at 10 p.m. E.T.
- September 10: Taylor Swift will appear at the CityTV offices in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for an interview about her upcoming album, Red. Be part of the audience by signing up for the contest.
- September 13: Taylor Swift performs at the Citibank Hall on Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. More details at Taylor Swift Brazil.