The sound of the band has changed. They’ve become a trio, but somehow their sound has evolved. They sound more grown up – this album’s title is not accidental. Their new songs have a bit more substance, a little more heart that comes from the pain of heartbreak. That being said, the album is unmistakably Gloriana. Brothers Tom and Mike Gossin and Rachel Reinert have found their new sound, and I can just hope this album proves to people that they’re here to stay.
My personal highlights keep changing, but right now I’d say Sunset Lovin’, Wanna Take You Home, (Kissed You) Good Night, Go On… Miss Me, Can’t Shake You, Turn My World Around… Yeah I know I’ve mentioned half the album there. They’ve also included an acoustic version of their breakout hit Wild At Heart on the Deluxe Version.
Coming up in the Calendar!
- August 12: David Cook‘s Birthday.
- August 21: The 2012 Do Something Awards air on VH1 at 9/8c. You can VOTE HERE.
- September 13: The Screaming Headless Torsos perform in Mexico City with Danny Sadownick. Tickets available in Ticketmaster.
- September 17: The CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock special airs at 8|7c on ABC.
- September 22: Taylor Swift performs at the iHeartRadio Music Festival at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.