Hello Taylor Nation,
Here at the Swift Agency, still one guy who’s not a fan of doing laundry, we’re glad we got to have a one-question-interview with the Princess in Red. It’s actually really difficult to ask a question that has not been answered before. The big one, and there’s no way we’ll know this before October 22, is what to expect of the Red album.
At least we know there will be a song with Ed Sheeran. Coincidentally, his last album “+” had a reddish hue… No, he couldn’t have known, or did he?
How close to the lead single, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, will the rest of the album be? Well, how close to Mine was Speak Now? It certainly didn’t define the album. Heck, nothing did – Speak Now went from blues (Dear John) to arena rock (Long Live) and from Paramore-alternative (Better Than Revenge) to almost Evanescence-gothic (Haunted). And that was just the Sparkly Dressed testing her limits.
Detractors are quick to judge based on Never Ever‘s starting lyrics: “I remember when we broke up…” on what the album sounds like. Let’s go back a couple of years to when we only heard the lyrics of The Story Of Us without the music. It certainly didn’t gave away any clues on what the song sounds like, does it?
I think Brian Mansfield has hit the nail in the head by saying he “suspects it’s not indicative of the album overall especially with all the collaborations.” More than agree there. Even for the obviously pop tune of Never Ever the Blonde With The Sparkly Guitar eschewed her regular producer Nathan Chapman and worked with Max Martin and Shellback. Nathan is still expected to be the producer for the overall record, but from the clues so far collaborations are not limited to only the artists that will be featured.
Here’s the Queen of Sparks along with Justin Bieber doing a promo for Fashion Night Out. Thanks to SelenaGomezCrazyFans for posting the clip.
Taylor Swift will perform at the iHeartRadio Music Festival on September 22. No doubt she’ll be performing We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together. The Princess in Red will appear in Good Morning America on October 22 for an interview. She will also perform the very next day, October 23.
Come to think of it, the Enchanted Wonderstruck fragrance is red, and this ad is red all over… The Enchantress is definitely going through an all-red phase. On that note, Macy’s is premiering the fragrance.
Coming up in the Calendar!
- August 21: The 2012 Do Something Awards air on VH1 at 9/8c.
- September 13: Universal Music Brazil has asked fans to save the date with a lot of Taylor Swift clues.
- September 17: The CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock special airs at 8|7c on ABC.
- September 22: Taylor Swift performs at the iHeartRadio Music Festival at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- October 1: The CW will broadcast the iHeartRadio Music Festival from 8pm to 10pm ET.
- October 7: The BBC Radio 1’s Teen Awards 2012. Taylor Swift has been announced as part of the performing line-up. The show will be streamed at bbc.co.uk/radio1.