Hello Taylor Nation,
Here at the Swift Agency, just one guy who congratules all winners from the 46th CMA Awards, we know not all our favorites made it. We did have some very happy and very deserving first time winners though. Eric Church got Album of the Year for Chief. Little Big Town, after more than a decade of touring and putting out excellent music got Single of the Year for Pontoon and then went and won Vocal Group of the Year. And the hard working duo of Shawna and Kiefer, Thompson Square got the Vocal Duo of the Year.
Blake Shelton ended up winning two huge awards, Male Vocalist of the Year and Entertainer of the Year. Congratulations to him. Miranda Lambert won Female Vocalist of the Year. They would both accept the Song of the Year for Over You. Hunter Hayes took New Artist of the Year.
The Princess in Red didn’t get an award tonight. That is not any of the winner’s fault so please I don’t want to see insults in the comments. The voters from the Country Music Association are very aware that Red will be eligible next year, as well as her tour – I believe they decided to reward the other hard working people and I respect their choices. Next year it will be a different story. The End. Next Chapter.
Lady Antebellum didn’t get any awards, nor did Sugarland but I’m sure they were happy for their colleagues, same as the Enchantress.
I couldn’t be happier for Little Big Town and Thompson Square. Like another talented artist told me once, everyone deserves their time to shine (that was Mallary Hope in case you were wondering). Or course I am bummed for Taylor, but remember Red is already taking over. 2013 will be the RED year. Don’t worry about Taylor. She’s got 1.2 million reasons and counting to be grateful.
The Blonde With The Sparkly Guitar was adorable throughout the night and put on a great performance of Begin Again complete with David Cook playing the accordion!
I really wanted Springsteen for Song of the Year… but Eric Church was one of the big winner with a CMA Award for Album of the Year under his belt. Eric Church also did a great performance of his hit Springsteen and added a little Born To Run.
Other great performances were Little Big Town performing Pontoon after winning Single of the Year. Faith and Tim during the Willie Nelson tribute… for that matter, everyone involved in that tribute specially Lady Antebellum’s Hillary Scott cover of Crazy. Brad Paisley’s mini tribute to Andy Griffith. Carrie Underwood’s Blown Away. I though she was the one to beat for Female Vocalist for sure. I also can’t forget the Band Perry’s amazing performance of Better Dig Two.
I did love Miranda’s accepting speech sending a shoutout to all her co-nominees. For the Sparkly Dressed, she said: “I’ve been listening to Red all week, it’s freakin’ awesome.” Tay’s reaction was adorable.
You want to see the Queen of Sparks win next? VOTE! She’s nominated for:
- The 2012 MTV EMA (November 11) for Best Female, Best Pop, Best Look, Best Live and Best World Stage. You can vote here.
- The American Music Awards (November 18) for Favorite Female Country Artist. You can vote here.
- The American Country Awards (December 10) for Artist of the Year, Best Female Artist, Single of the Year, Best Female Single and Best Female Video. You can vote here.
- The People Choice Awards for three possible nominations: Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Country Artist and Favorite Song for We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
Next stop for the Blonde With The Sparkly Dressed is England! She’s expected in London on November 6 to switch on the Christmas lights at Westfield Shopping Center and perform.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- November 6: Taylor Swift will switch on the Christmas lights at Westfield Shopping Center in Shepherd’s Bush and perform three tracks. That is in West London, England.
- November 11: Taylor Swift appears onVH1 Storytellers including a performance at Harvey Mudd College recorded on October 15.
- November 11: The 2012 MTV EMA will be broadcast on MTV channels worldwide at 9pm Central European Time. You can vote for Taylor here.
- November 16: Tickets go on sale for the first dates announced of the Red Tour. Click here to sign up for pre-sale ticket access
- November 18: The 40th Anniversary American Music Awards air at 8pm Eastern / 7pm Central on ABC. Taylor Swift is nominated for Favorite Female Country Artist. She is also scheduled to perform. Go VOTE!
(Sources:46th CMA Awards)