Hello Taylor Nation,
Here at the Swift Agency, still one guy who knew she was trouble when she came in, we didn’t expect the Sparkly Dressed to cash her chips and go all in, but that’s what she did. In a move that some critics will call… you know what, screw them. She did what she does best and put on a theatrical and amazing show when she performed I Knew You Were Trouble.
Using one of her favorite things, an ornamented staircase and more dancers that she’s ever had, she put on a choreography straight out of an Andrew Webber Musical. Think Mascarade from The Phantom of the Opera. The only one wearing white was Tay. She seemed a bit stoic in the beginning. That is until an on-scene dress change (totally called it when I saw a flash of red on the side) transformed her into a Black Swan likeness but with a red corset.
Yes, she literally lied down on the cold hard ground. Shades of Forever and Always, anyone? Although as @ChoasRising pointed out, it seemed to be a mix of Love Story meets Haunted as well.
What she gave us was a performance that will probably evolve into the actual RED Tour representation of the song. In other words, America you saw the light version of this performance. Let your mind spin around that thought for a moment.
Should I mention the RED Tour already went on sale and the dates sold out? Yeap it’s going to keep selling out if everyone can’t anticipate performances like tonight.
What else, oh she also won her nomination for Favorite Country Female Artist. Love how she seems to chase presenter Eric Stonestreet for the award before she gets to the mike. Of course, she thanked us.
And speaking so much about I Knew You Were Trouble, here it is!
We’re also glad to hear the Enchantress managed to meet a few fans before she had to rush in. She sent out someone from her team to give out guitar pics for those she couldn’t meet.
Remember to VOTE for Taylor:
- The American Country Awards (December 10) for Artist of the Year, Best Female Artist, Single of the Year, Best Female Single and Best Female Video. You can vote here.
- The People Choice Awards (January 9) for three possible nominations: Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Country Artist and Favorite Song for We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- November 22? Taylor has said in recent interviews she’s spending Thanksgiving in Japan. Also mentioned on Universal Music Japan’s Taylor Swift page.
- November 24: Taylor is scheduled to appear on Japan’s Saturday Sound Studio for a special.
- November 26: Taylor Swift is scheduled to perform at Australia’s The Today Show.
- November 29: Taylor Swift is scheduled to perform at the 2012 ARIA Awards in Sydney, Australia.
- December 1: KIIS FM’s Jingle Ball 2012 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Taylor Swift is scheduled to perform on Saturday.
(Source: 40th American Music Awards)