Hello Taylor Nation,
Here at the Swift Agency, one guy that’s always keen to drop very subtle hints like that small banner above, we’d like to remind those living under a rock that the Princess in Red, a) is attending b) is nominated for Favorite Female Country Artist and c) is performing I Knew You Were Trouble (based of the hints that people keep dropping in Twitter) at the 40th American Music Awards. So, watch it or, you know, ninjas will show up and eat all the cake in your kitchen.
Performing tonight are Taylor Swift and a bunch of other people. What. Oh you want to know… ok.
Other performers are Christina Aguilera, Justin Bieber, Kelly Clarkson, Carly Rae Jepsen, Kesha, Linkin Park, Nicki Minaj, No Doubt, Pink, Pitbull, Psy, Carrie Underwood, Usher, The Wanted and Swizz Beatz featuring Chris Brown. It’s a three hour show folks. I wonder what will Psy be singing tonight. Yes, that was me being sarcastic.
Ryan Seacrest will introduce a special tribute for Dick Clark with Stevie Wonder performing to honor the late announcer, entertainer and producer.
The show starts at 8pm Eastern, 7pm Central on ABC. It will be 8pm (tape-delayed) for the Pacific coast. That’s Monday 1am for London, England and Monday 12pm (noon) in Sydney, Australia just in case. The show is scheduled for two hours. No official online streams for the main show.
There will be an AMA Red Carpet stream starting at 5pm EST and you can watch it here. On duty on the red carpet will be Megan and Liz! That’s 5pm EST, 2pm PST, 10pm for London, England and Monday, 9am for Sydney, Australia.
Update! Now you can watch the red carpet on YouTube too:
Remember to VOTE for Taylor:
- The American Country Awards (December 10) for Artist of the Year, Best Female Artist, Single of the Year, Best Female Single and Best Female Video. You can vote here.
- The People Choice Awards (January 9) for three possible nominations: Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Country Artist and Favorite Song for We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- November 18: The 40th Anniversary American Music Awards air at 8pm Eastern / 7pm Central on ABC. Taylor Swift is nominated for Favorite Female Country Artist. She is also scheduled to perform.
- November 22? Taylor has said in recent interviews she’s spending Thanksgiving in Japan. Also mentioned on Universal Music Japan’s Taylor Swift page.
- November 24: Taylor is scheduled to appear on Japan’s Saturday Sound Studio for a special.
(Source: 40th American Music Awards)