Hello Taylor Nation,
The Grammy Nominations show was a solid hour of entertainment thanks in no small part to the Blonde With The Sparkly Guitar, who put the cute in cuteness tonight, December 5. Alongside LL Cool J, she introduced performers Dierks Bentley, The Band Perry, Maroon 5, Ne-Yo and Fun. They go last because of that dot 🙂 They brought out Janelle Monáe on stage. Here’s Tay alongside LL Cool J and Adam Levine from Maroon 5.
T-Swizzle didn’t perform, but… ok, I’m not explaining this. Let’s go to the video:
Thanks to Dave Itzkoff for posting.
The Queen of Sparks did received one nomination during the show plus two more awaiting for her alongside The Civil Wars once the full list was revealed. Here’s her nominations:
Record of the Year: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Max Martin, Shellback & Taylor Swift, producers; Serban Ghenea, engineer/mixer; Tom Coyne, mastering engineer
[Big Machine Records]
Best Country Duo/Group Performance: Safe & Sound
Taylor Swift & The Civil Wars
[Big Machine Records/Universal Republic]
Best Song Written For Visual Media: Safe & Sound (From The Hunger Games)
T Bone Burnett, Taylor Swift, John Paul White & Joy Williams, songwriters
(Taylor Swift Featuring The Civil Wars)
[Big Machine Records/Universal Republic; Publishers: Sony ATV Tree Publishing, Taylor Swift Music, Sensibility Songs, Absurd Music, Shiny Happy Music, Baffle Music, Henry Burnett Music]
Hunter Hayes, who opened for the Enchantress on her Speak Now tour and is now opening for Carrie Underwood’s Blown Away tour, gets three nominations for Best New Artist, Best Country Solo Performance for Wanted and Best Country Album for his self-titled debut album.
Carrie Underwood, Eric Church and Ronnie Dunn get two nominations each for Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song. Carrie for Blown Away, Eric Church for Springsteen and Ronnie Dunn for his amazing song Cost Of Livin’. You should listen to that one, really great song and it’s a nice surprise the Recording Academy noticed it.
How exactly was Eric Church’s album Chief passed for a nomination I don’t know. Update: It was nominated back in 2011. Duh me.
In single nominations, Blake Shelton has a Best Country Solo Performance nomination for Over. Miranda Lambert has only one nomination, but it’s a big one. She has Best Country Album for Four The Record. Little Big Town also gets one nomination for Best Country Duo/Group Performance for Pontoon which is actually pretty strong competition for Safe And Sound.
You can find the entire nominations list at Grammy.com. The 55th Annual Grammy Awards air live on February 10, 2013.
Remember to VOTE for Taylor:
- The American Country Awards (December 10) for Artist of the Year, Best Female Artist, Single of the Year, Best Female Single and Best Female Video. You can vote here.
- The People Choice Awards (January 9) for three possible nominations: Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Country Artist and Favorite Song for We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- December 7: Z100’s Jingle Ball 2012 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Taylor Swift is in the lineup.
- December 10: The American Country Awards take place in Las Vegas and broadcast on FOX. Taylor Swift is nominated for Artist of the Year, Best Female Artist, Single of the Year, Best Female Single and Best Female Video. You can vote here
- December 13: No, seriously, you don’t know? I mean, really! How many times are we going to go over this?
- December 31: Taylor Swift headlines at Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest.