Hello Taylor Nation,
Here at the Swift Agency, still one guy who just wants to hibernate until spring, we can’t wait to see the video for I Knew You Were Trouble that will debut on MTV this week. The Sparkly Dressed will debut her 23rd music video on her 23rd birthday, December 13. You can see the original article and more pictures at MTV.
Never before seen stills from the video have been released today leading up to the release. Tuesday, we’ll get clips from T-Swizzle discussing the video on set. Wednesday, she’ll countdown her top five moments of 2012 via a live stream and a small trailer of the video. Thursday, the video will premiere on MTV at 4:40 p.m. ET. At 5 p.m. ET, it will appear in rotation on all MTV network related channels.
Unfortunately with all things MTV, chances are the video will be region-coded until it’s released on YouTube and/or VEVO. Hopefully we’ll catch a break and see it.
Trouble features “Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark” star Reeve Carney as Taylor’s troubled lover. Director Anthony Mandler, known for his videos for Rihanna, Fun. and Lana Del Rey is at the helm. The video, which includes over 50 extras, was filmed in the area surrounding Los Angeles and, as the Enchantress explains to MTV, is as much a departure for the songstress visually as it is in its musical form.
“As soon as I started writing this song, I knew it was different from anything else on the record, so I knew I wanted the video to be different from anything we’d done ever done,” T-Swizzle said. “I wanted to tell the story of a girl who falls into a world that’s too fast for her, and suffers the consequences.”
Taylor will be speaking to Sway Calloway during MTV’s Big and Best of 2012 event on Wednesday followed by a trailer of the video, which will premiere on the Queen of Sparks’ birthday.
The Princess in Red appears in the cover for the December edition of Cosmopolitan UK with an article. As usual, the article will ask about her rumored romances, but you and I know she’ll dismiss that right off the bat.
In the Cosmopolitan UK article, according to Female First she also discusses a darker form of trouble that comes with fame – stalkers. I’m going to be honest, it makes me nervous to hear she’s had them. I know hardcore fans often get called that name as some sort of badge, but we’re talking the dangerous kind here. There’s nothing funny about it.
“I get nervous when I have stalker incidents,” she told Cosmopolitan UK. “I try not to talk too much about it because it scares me. Sometimes you get a dude who kind of wants to steal you. That’s why I’m so grateful I have people looking after me, like Dennis [bodyguard]. Over the past couple of years it’s got worse. I get told if there’s been an attempt or a threat.”
She also reveals she does get warned of the crazy ones. “My security text me a picture and say, ‘Look out for this dude; he’s driven across the country, he’s off his meds,’ or something like that. No one has ever been successful in getting into my house or anything like that. I have an amazing security team.”
Stay safe, Tay! We fans know to look out for her too.
Moving onto happier things, here’s the long version of the photoshoot for ELLE Canada magazine.
Thanks to TSwiftVideosUpdate for posting!
The German TV show Schlag den Raab will have the Princess in Red as their musical guest next week, December 15. I don’t know whether this is a live performance or a recorded one.
Remember to VOTE for Taylor!
- The American Country Awards (December 10) for Artist of the Year, Best Female Artist, Single of the Year, Best Female Single and Best Female Video. You can vote here.
- The People Choice Awards (January 9) for three possible nominations: Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Country Artist and Favorite Song for We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- December 10: The American Country Awards take place in Las Vegas and broadcast on FOX. Taylor Swift is nominated for Artist of the Year, Best Female Artist, Single of the Year, Best Female Single and Best Female Video. You can vote here
- December 13: No, seriously, you don’t know? I mean, really! How many times are we going to go over this?
- December 13: The music video for I Knew You Were Trouble will premiere at 4:40 p.m. ET on MTV.
- December 15: Taylor Swift will be the musical guest on the German TV show Schlag Den Raab.
- December 31: Taylor Swift headlines at Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest.