Hello Taylor Nation,
The Fearless One has come full circle. According to Country Music Is Love, newly signed Big Machine recording artist Tim McGraw has released the track list of his upcoming album Two Lanes of Freedom. On the thirteen spot, Tim is joined by good friends Taylor Swift and Keith Urban to sing Highway Don’t Care. A very meta move that will more than likely guarantee a duet (or a trio) performance live at some concert. We wouldn’t mind it that happens next September at the RED Tour concert in Nashville. Just saying. But if that happens, I totally called it.
MTV, a Viacom company, will propagate the IKYWT video across all its partner networks but otherwise hold a monopoly on it for a while longer. That means, MTV Networks (which includes CMT) will be the only place to see it momentarily. Hopefully a little later tonight it will be released on VEVO / YouTube and we can share it with you. In the meantime, this is as best as I can do.
The German TV show Schlag den Raab will have the Princess in Red as their musical guest this week, December 15. I don’t know whether this is a live performance or a recorded one.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- December 13: Happy 23rd Birthday, Taylor Swift!
- December 13: The music video for I Knew You Were Trouble premieres on MTV.
- December 15: Taylor Swift will be the musical guest on the German TV show Schlag Den Raab.
- December 31: Taylor Swift headlines at Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest.
- January 9: The People’s Choice Awards 2013. Taylor has three nominations: Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Country Artist and Favorite Song for We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
- January 13: The Golden Globes air on NBC. Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars are nominated for Original Song for Safe and Sound from the motion picture The Hunger Games.