Happy Holidays Taylor Nation!
Here at the Swift Agency, one guy who’s taking a few days off for the holidays, we’d like to send a happy birthday salute to Fearless Dance Crew member Lacey Mason. I’ve also added the acrobatic Fernando Miro from the Speak Now Tour to the Agency Profiles Page.
Digital Music News named Scott Borchetta among their 10 People That Totally Changed the Industry in 2012. According to them, “Borchetta’s had a deliciously disruptive 2012. Big Machine is now inking some groundbreaking, direct licensing deals with major radio conglomerates, and chipping away at a decades-old legacy of extreme radio royalty complication. He’s also shown the chutzpah to thumb his nose at Spotify, while maximizing revenue through deals that emphasize full album sales.”
Big Machine also reported on the news and added these very interesting highlights:
The Big Machine Label Group had a record-breaking year. Some of the key highlights include:
• Big Machine Records had the biggest album debut in over a decade with Taylor Swift’s RED released on October 22, 2012. The album is already Certified 3X Platinum and has earned over 7 million individual track sales.
• Big Machine made history with “groundbreaking” performance royalty rights agreements with Clear Channel and Entercom.
• Billboard named Big Machine Label Group as the #1 Country label for 2012.
• Achieved #1 singles across multiple radio formats with hits from Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts, Eli Young Band, Brantley Gilbert, The Band Perry and Florida Georgia Line.
• Big Machine Records signed county music superstar Tim McGraw.
• Earned multiple GRAMMY, ACM, CMA, and VMA awards and nominations.
• Marketed and distributed music for ABC’s “Nashville,” which debuted as the #1 soundtrack on SoundScan.
• The label group helped secure millions of meals for hungry Americans through a unique partnership with General Mills and Feeding America called “Outnumber Hunger.”
• Produced and marketed the 25th anniversary edition of A VERY SPECIAL CHRISTMAS in association with the Special Olympics
The Big Machine Label Group is looking forward to a successful 2013 with launches from Tim McGraw (2/5), The Mavericks (2/26), The Band Perry, Rascal Flatts, Justin Moore, Brantley Gilbert, and many more!
(Source: Big Machine Label Group)
I thought you’d get a kick out of this. This is Walmart’s Holiday ad, set to the Sparkly Dressed’s Never Grow Up. Thanks to Altair6films for posting!
The Sparkly Dressed has been nominated for the 2012 PopCrush Music Awards. She’s up Artist of the Year, Song of the Year (We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together), Album of the Year (RED), Video of the Year (We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together), Best Live Performer, Biggest Headline (RED), Best Magazine Cover (Glamour), and Best Perfume (Wonderstruck Enchanted). The results are revealed on PopCrush on January 16.
T-Swizzle is also nominated for the World Music Awards on December 22 for World’s Best Album (RED), Song (We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together), Video (We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together), Female Artist, Live Act and Entertainer of the Year. You can vote here.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- December 21: Claire Callaway‘s Birthday.
- December 22: The World Music Awards has nominated Taylor Swift for World’s Best Album, Song, Video, Female Artist, Live Act and Entertainer of the Year.
- December 31: Taylor Swift headlines at Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest.
- January 9: The People’s Choice Awards 2013. Taylor has three nominations: Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Country Artist and Favorite Song for We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
- January 13: The Golden Globes air on NBC. Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars are nominated for Original Song for Safe and Sound from the motion picture The Hunger Games.