Are you ready, Taylor Nation?
The Blonde With The Sparkly Guitar will take the stage tonight at the 55th Grammy Awards. She is the opening number, so don’t be late! The award show starts at 8pm ET, 7pm CT and tape-delayed for 8pm PT on CBS. LL Cool J is hosting.
The Princess in Red has three nominations:
- Record of the Year for We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
- Best Country Duo/Group Performance for Safe and Sound with The Civil Wars. Update! Little Big Town won this one instead.
- Best Song Written For Visual Media for Safe and Sound with The Civil Wars and T. Bone Burnett. Update! They won this one.
The official red carpet starts at 3pm ET. That’s 2pm Central, 1pm Mountain and 12pm Pacific on GRAMMY Live. Update! At 4pm ET / 3pm CT / 2pm MT / 1pm PT the pre-telecast will be streamed live from the Nokia Theather. It will be broadcast as well on GRAMMY Live.
Chances are the Best Song Written For Visual Media will be given out during the pre-telecast. That’s also the possible fate of Best Country Duo/Group Performance as well (although if someone wins it, they might opt to put it on the main show). The only 100% sure nomination we will see in the show is Record of the Year.
Here’s the Enchantress herself being interviewed during the Grammy events:
Be aware RED is not up for a full album nomination yet, that will be next year. WANEGBT is the only single from the album that was within the nomination timeline. There’s a rumor that the Sparkly Dressed is using two stages for her performance… Which means we might get two songs. I know WANEGBT and IKYWT are both strong possibilities, but I wouldn’t mind The Civil Wars making a surprise appearance. I know it’s a long shot, but I can dream impossible dreams 🙂
Coming up on the Calendar!
- February 10: The 55th Grammy Awards air live on CBS. Taylor has three nominations: Record of the Year forWe Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Best Country Duo/Group Performance and Best Song Written For Visual Media both for Safe and Sound with the Civil Wars. She is scheduled to perform and open the show.
- February 20: Taylor is nominated for International Female Solo Artist for the BRIT Awards 2013. She will be performing.
- February 26: Caitlin Evanson‘s Birthday.
(Source: 55th Grammy Awards)