Hello music fans,
I have this bad habit of being late to the party. I’m several albums late to the talent of Sara Bareilles. I’ve heard of her, I keep running across her name with other artists that I’m listening, and when I hear someone like Martina McBride talk about her, I just thought I’m overdue to a review about Sara’s music.
I can honestly say I enjoyed listening to her music effortlessly and it takes a feat of strength to stop listening. I started with “Love Song” and “Gravity” from her album Little Voice and “King of Anything” from her album Kaleidoscope Heart. However, “Brave” convinced me to get her latest album The Blessed Unrest on iTunes
Of course listening to that album convinced me of getting the older ones, which is a testament to how good her music and her voice is. It’s that good that although technically I’m in a bit of a writing hiatus, I decided to write about it anyway.
Here’s Sara’s cover of Elton John’s “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” on SaraBareillesVEVO.
And here’s Sara appearing on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson and performing “Brave”.
Thanks to John Locke for posting!
On RED news, the RED Tour just finished a two day gig at the Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts on July 26 and 27. Next concert will be on August 1st in Des Moines, Iowa.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- Aug. 1: The Red Tour at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, Iowa. On sale now. Ticket information here.
- Aug. 2 and 3: The Red Tour at Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri. On sale now. More information on AXS.com.
- Aug 6: The Civil Wars release their eponymous second album, The Civil Wars.
- Aug. 6: The Red Tour at Intrust Bank Arena in Wichita, Kansas. On sale now. Ticket information here.
- Aug. 7: The Red Tour at BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma. On sale now. Ticket information here.