You have to hear this one.
The Hopester – the talented and beautiful Mallary Hope – has spinned a devious new single with Black Widow. With this track the songstress from Cohutta proves herself aptly skilled in both the art of crafting tunes dripping saccharine and the darker songs dripping venom. I’ve heard it before played live, but this studio version is amazing. I almost wish this one had a video.
Black Widow is now available on iTunes in the US, Canada and the United Kingdom.
The important thing about a song that calls out someone on their sh- I mean, stuff – is that it never quite gets down to blatantly insulting the other person. Instead it serves as a cautionary tale for other women. Women hide your men warns Mal in the chorus. And I just have to add People buy this song. It’s one of Mallary’s best – but it’s not one of her last by a mile. Hopefully there’s a studio album on the works sometime soon.
Here’s a live version clip of Black Widow from last year at the Grand Ole Opry:
Amazeballs. The single is available now for purchase on iTunes.
Coming up in the Calendar!
- November 6: The 47th CMA Awards at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN. Taylor is scheduled to perform and nominated for six awards:
- Entertainer of the Year
- Female Vocalist of the Year
- Single of the Year for ”Highway Don’t Care” with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban
- Album of the Year for RED
- Musical Event of the Year for ”Highway Don’t Care” with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban
- Music Video of the Year for ”Highway Don’t Care” with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban
- November 24: The 2013 American Music Awards air live. Don’t forget to VOTE! Taylor is nominated for five awards:
- Artist of the Year
- Favorite Female Artist – Pop/Rock
- Favorite Album – Pop/Rock for RED
- Favorite Female Artist – Country
- Favorite Album – Country for RED
(Sources: iTunes, Grand Ole Opry via YouTube)