I’m tryin’ so hard not to get caught up now, Taylor Nation.
Here at the Swift Agency, just a guy wearing a football helmet due to a cellphone incident, we’re trying to be selective with the news that we print. That being said, I haven’t had a lot for you lately so I though I’d remind you that I still write. We know you have a lot of options when you read Taylor Swift news so we’d like to thank you for choosing us (I’m starting to sound like an airline ad, help).
The Enchantress has been announced to perform at the X Factor UK on November 3. That begs the question: is it a live performance, a pre-recorded performance or a video filmed at her RED Tour concert? Hopefully it’s one of the first two. More details on ITV. I always find it funny to hear that Taylor is going to be on X Factor because I tend to think of a Marvel comic book. That’s probably just me.
Seven years ago (October 24, 2006), the first studio album of a teenage country songstress named Taylor Swift via a little known label named Big Machine, hit the stands. A lot of awards and three more studio records after, the Princess in Red has never stayed the same but in some ways she has never changed. She remains impressionable, approachable and non-jaded. She may not have too thick a skin, but there’s a layer of maturity she can’t help but attain through the years.
Now RED is breaking records, having just been released a year ago (October 22, 2012). The Grammy nominations are coming up on December 6, 2013. RED is eligible this time. I’m just hoping the big wigs in the music industry remember it. I think it’s a safe bet that Taylor Swift will garner some nominations. I am not sure if she will win some… it’s never simple, never easy. No voting this time. We just wait. We’re good at that. I mean, we’re not – we’re going to be biting our nails until she wins something. So to correct myself, we’re really bad at waiting. Not much we can do about that. The DeLorean is in the shop. Sorry.
Coming up sooner are the CMA Awards, and here’s some news straight from the source. Seems Taylor will be performing Red with some company. Read on:
Taylor Swift has gathered an all-star band for her appearance on next month’s Country Music Association Awards. She will be joined by Alison Krauss, Vince Gill, Sam Bush, bassist Edgar Meyer and percussionist Eric Darken for a special version of her hit song “Red.”
I hope the Agency is still somewhere on the background. I don’t know what to think about this yet.
Don’t forget to VOTE for the Blonde With The Sparkly RED Guitar for the American Music Awards. All legal residents of the continental United States, Hawaii and Alaska may vote. The vote window opens at 8:00:00 am ET on October 10, 2013 and closes at 11:59:59pm ET November 15, 2013. The Best New Artist voting is open until show time. You can read the voting rules FAQ here.
Coming up in the Calendar!
- October 25: The RED Tour Tickets for February 7 (2014) at Berlin’s O2 World on sale at 9am CEST via www.eventim.de and by phone on 01806 570 000.
- November 3: The YouTube Music Awards. Taylor is up for Artist of the Year and YouTube Phenomenon for “I Knew You Were Trouble”. Vote by sharing the two videos on Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.
- November 6: The 47th CMA Awards at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN. Taylor is scheduled to perform and nominated for six awards:
- Entertainer of the Year
- Female Vocalist of the Year
- Single of the Year for ”Highway Don’t Care” with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban
- Album of the Year for RED
- Musical Event of the Year for ”Highway Don’t Care” with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban
- Music Video of the Year for ”Highway Don’t Care” with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban
- November 24: The 2013 American Music Awards air live. Don’t forget to VOTE! Taylor is nominated for five awards:
- Artist of the Year
- Favorite Female Artist – Pop/Rock
- Favorite Album – Pop/Rock for RED
- Favorite Female Artist – Country
- Favorite Album – Country for RED