Put my name at the top of your list, Taylor Nation.
It’s not the first time that the Blonde With The Sparkly RED Guitar is nominated for the American Ido- oops sorry, I mean, the American Country Awards. FOX Networks created the awards back on 2010. Taylor has never won one. In T-Swizzle’s case that’s bad news… for FOX. Since she’s never won one, FOX hasn’t had her as part of her broadcast. This is the last time I’m telling you this: if you don’t have Taylor on your award show, don’t expect the Taylor Nation to be tuning in.
Now FOX is making amends by putting the Princess in Red at the top of their list. Taylor Swift is the top nominee with eight categories:
- Artist of the Year
- Artist of the Year: Female
- Single of the Year: Female for “Begin Again”
- Single of the Year: Vocal Collaboration: “Highway Don’t Care,” Tim McGraw featuring Taylor Swift and Keith Urban
- Touring Artist of the Year
- Great American Country – Music Video of the Year: “Begin Again”
- Music Video of the Year – Female: “Begin Again”
- Music Video of the Year: Group or Collaboration: “Highway Don’t Care,” Tim McGraw featuring Taylor Swift and Keith Urban
Here at the Swift Agency, one guy who you totally thought forgot to write that part where he says he’s the Swift Agency, we have some bad news for FOX. The ACAs take place December 10. The Queen of Sparks will be in Australia (check the Calendar). Then again, that also means you will get us fans tuning in to see if we can get her an award.
Hopefully we get an acceptance video, but who knows. The ACAs have snubbed Taylor Swift out of a single award, including coming up with some unconventional choices for wins. I’m glad other artists got recognized instead, give them a spotlight! However, if you want to decide who wins calling it a fan-voted awards is a bit of a stretch.
You can VOTE NOW until November 12. And yes, the voting rules do have a little liability disclaimer: “Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the voting, and tally the votes received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.” I still encourage you to VOTE.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- October 31: The 2014 People’s Choice nominations are open until this date. Taylor Swift is named as Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Pop Artist and Favorite Country Artist. We suggest adding RED as Album of the Year and “I Knew You Were Trouble” as Song of the Year. VOTE NOW through October 31st.
- November 3: Taylor Swift has been announced to perform at the X Factor UK. No word on whether this is a live performance or pre-recorded. Odds are on our favor for a live appearance to promote the RED Tour next year.
- November 3: The YouTube Music Awards. Taylor is up for Artist of the Year and YouTube Phenomenon for “I Knew You Were Trouble”. Vote by sharing the two videos on Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.
- November 5: The final 2014 People’s Choice nominations are announced.
(Sources: TaylorSwift.com, FOX Networks’ American Country Awards)