We watch it begin again, Taylor Nation.
Here at the Swift Agency, just one guy who was still getting out of bed while the Queen of Sparks was winning two awards already, we’re still on our first cup of coffee. Tonight we’re all tuning into the 47th CMA Awards. These are one of the oldest and most prestigious of awards for Country music and they have a special meaning for the Forever and Always Fearless One.
It’s here that a young Taylor won the Horizon Award (New Artist) in 2007 when she said, “this is the highlight of my senior year”. It’s here where she won 5 awards including her first Entertainer of the Year in 2009, when she brought The Agency on stage (the moment inspired the song “Long Live”) to accept it with her. Tonight, Taylor Swift will receive the Pinnacle Award during the 47th CMA Awards – the highest award a country artist can ever receive. There is no topping that one.
But on top of that, the Sparkly Dressed is nominated for six awards during the show, of which she has already won two.
- Entertainer of the Year
- Female Vocalist of the Year
- Single of the Year for ”Highway Don’t Care” with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban
- Album of the Year for RED
- Musical Event of the Year for ”Highway Don’t Care” with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban WIN!
- Music Video of the Year for ”Highway Don’t Care” with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban WIN!
The Enchantress is also scheduled to perform a special rendition of “Red” along with Alison Krauss, Vince Gill, Sam Bush, Edgar Meyer and Eric Darken.
As sweet as it would be to see her win awards during the televised ceremony, remember the Blonde With The Sparkly RED Guitar is not the only artist nominated. The Country Music Association is comprised of country artists and insiders from the industry that will more than likely try to spread the love around. Tay Sway will have a lot of competition for her remaining four nominations. So, I thought I’d give you my thoughts on each remaining nomination here. Notice that these are not picks.
For Album of the Year, RED has an very steep hill to climb. Carrie’s Blown Away and Blake’s Based On A True Story are big contenders. I will be rooting for RED, but if it doesn’t win I wouldn’t mind a win from Kacey Musgrave’s Same Trailer Different Park which was a revelation.
For Single of the Year, “Highway Don’t Care” would be a sure winner if the super-popular hit “Cruise” from Florida Georgia Line wasn’t on the list. Either way, both artists are part of the Big Machine Label Group.
For Female Vocalist of the Year, I really wish it would go to Taylor. It’s probably going to be between Carrie and Miranda. Awards like couples, so if Blake wins Male Vocalist, Miranda will be the one to beat. I would like some recognition for Taylor here, dammit. If not, I wouldn’t mind seeing someone new, meaning Kacey, getting this one.
For Entertainer of the Year, for me there’s not really a contest. The Enchantress should have that one. That doesn’t mean she will though, it depends on how her Pinnacle award is factored in. Again, voters like to spread the love around, so Luke Bryan is a major contender here. To a certain degree, Blake has a chance as well. The fact that Taylor has two previous wins of the same award is also a factor. Does she deserve it a third time? Hell yes. But if it goes to someone else, let them have their moment in the sun.
Here’s T’s for your CMA consideration video. You might see a familiar face at 2:18.
Tonight, the 47th CMA Awards airs tonight at 8pm EST (New York City), 7pm CST (Nashville), 8pm PST (Los Angeles tape-delayed) from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee. Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood will be hosting:
- If you are watching from Canada, CityTV will be broadcasting the show at 8 P.M. ET/PT, 6 MT and 7 CT.
- If you are watching from Australia, CMC TV will be broadcasting the show on Thursday, November 7 at midday with encore screenings on Thursday, November 7 at 7pm, Friday, November 8 at 8:30pm and Saturday, November 9 at 2:30pm.
- If you need to know when the live show is running that’s 7pm CST (Nashville), 5pm PST (Los Angeles), Thursday 1am GMT (London), Thursday 2am CET (Brussels), Thursday 12pm AEDT (Australia).
And if you’re not allergic to awesomeness, you should really watch.
Bonus clip! This video has a snippet of Taylor’s first ever appearance at the Bluebird Cafe.
Thanks to phillyjugglers for posting!
Coming up on the Calendar!
- November 6: The 47th CMA Awards at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN. Taylor is scheduled to perform and nominated for six awards: Entertainer of the Year, Female Vocalist of the Year, Single of the Year for ”Highway Don’t Care” with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban, Album of the Year for RED, Musical Event of the Year for ”Highway Don’t Care” with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban and Music Video of the Year for ”Highway Don’t Care” with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban.
(Sources: 47th CMA Awards)