Hello, Taylor Nation.
Last night, December 7, Taylor Swift was performing at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Australia when the lights went out as “The Lucky One” was starting. The pit section had to be evacuated because apparently the floor was starting to collapse. Don’t worry, the show managed to go on. The outage was not a lengthy one, but I’m sure it got some people worried. A big shoutout to @REDTourAUS and @TSwiftOnTour for the updates!
Rather than retiring to her dressing room, the Princess in Red chose to talk to the crowd, using minimal power for one spotlight and her microphone. Let’s go to the video:
Thanks to emilyfdavis16 for posting!
Everything in a stage works together. You can’t have live power going when the floor is giving way, so more than likely turning off the power was a safety measure. The show did continue, but notably without the use of the mechanical arm for “Treacherous” or “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”. People on the pit had to be relocated to the floor area.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- December 7: The RED Tour at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Australia.
- December 10: Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show airs on CBS. Taylor performs and appears on the show, recorded on November 13.
- December 10: The 2013 American Country Awards on FOX. Taylor has eight nominations including Artist of the Year.
- December 11: The RED Tour at nib Stadium in Perth, Australia.
- December 13: Oh, COME ON! You should know by now!
- December 14: The RED Tour at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, Australia.