The crowds went wild, Taylor Nation.
Here at the Swift Agency, just a guy who knows how post-concert depression feels, we’d just like to tell you there’s plenty of counseling by your fellow Swifties on Twitter. The Blonde With The Sparkly Guitar did her last concert at Etihad Stadium to a crowd of 47,000 fans in Melbourne, Australia.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, “She delivers a vivid, carefully constructed show that’s a combination of the polished and the heartfelt.” They also mentioned, “But there are simpler moments, too, with some stripped back songs, both recent and old – such as All Too Well and You Belong With Me – that take on a new poignancy. And Swift, in strong voice, is the confident centre of it all.”
Take 40 gave her a great review saying: “Taylor Swift proved tonight why she is one of the biggest stars in the world – because she has got what it takes to get an entire stadium of people up on their feet and dancing.” There was even some love for our favorite band, The Agency : “She also has one of the best bands in the business, and the Agency were definitely on fire tonight.”
And yes, the Sparkly Dressed had happy birthday sung to her in Melbourne 🙂
Thanks to Rebecca Luong for posting!
The RED Tour goes on hiatus during the holiday season. It returns to the stage on February 1st in London, UK.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- January 8, 2014: The 40th Annual People’s Choice Awards will be broadcast LIVE from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2014 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/delayed PT), on CBS.
- January 26: The 56th Annual Grammy Awards will take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. The show will be broadcast live on CBS from 8–11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). Taylor Swift has four nominations:
- Album of the Year for RED.
- Best Country Album for RED.
- Best Country Duo/Group Performance for “Highway Don’t Care” along with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban.
- Best Country Song for “Begin Again”.