Are we ready, Taylor Nation?
Here at the Swift Agency, I’m still a guy who’s going to have a long day today, we’re ready for the 56th Annual Grammy Awards. The Sparkly Dressed hit the Clive Davis Pre-Grammy party last night. Amazing picture of the Queen of Sparks to your right.
The ceremony will take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. The show will be broadcast live on CBS from 8–11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). Taylor Swift will be performing. The Princess in Red has four nominations:
- Album of the Year for RED.
- Best Country Album for RED.
Best Country Duo/Group Performancefor “Highway Don’t Care” along with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban. Best Country Songfor “Begin Again”.
Taylor Swift and The Agency are performing. You can check out the complete list here. Personal highlight performances are Sara Bareilles, who be singing with Carole King (2014 MusiCares Person of the Year ), Kacey Musgraves and finally the Blonde With The Sparkly Guitar herself, Taylor Swift with a song we all might know too well.
Red Carpet Live Streams / Video Feeds:
- GRAMMY Live will start a red carpet video feed as early as 12pm ET / 9am PT.
- Fuse.tv has a red carpet live stream starting at 4pm ET / 1pm PT.
- There’s an actual Livestream from Associated Press starting at 5pm ET / 2pm PT.
- E! Online will have a live stream of the red carpet starting at 5:55pm ET / 2:33pm ET.
Let’s recap our highlighted artists from the road to the Grammy Awards:
Ed Sheeran and Kacey Musgraves are up for Best New Artist. Kacey Musgraves has both “Merry Go Round” and “Mama’s Broken Heart” against Taylor Swift’s “Begin Again” for Best Country Song. Sara Bareilles‘ The Blessed Unrest is up against Taylor Swift’s RED for Album of The Year. Additionally, Sara is up for Best Pop Solo Performance for “Brave”.
In other favorite artist news, The Civil Wars performance of “From This Valley” is nominated for Best Country Duo/Group Performance as well.
And the odds for Tay are…? Tough call. The Sparkly Dressed might not have a lock on Best Country Song with “Begin Again”. RED is not traditional country, so I’m not sure if it will get Best Country Album but it has pretty good odds with the award of the night, Album of the Year. On the other hand, “Highway Don’t Care” sure seems like a lock for Best Country Duo/Group Performance for Tim McGraw and his buddies Taylor Swift and Keith Urban.
Two of Taylor’s categories, Best Country Song and Best Country Duo/Group Performance will be awarded during the pre-telecast which is already under way.
Update! Best Country Song went to Kacey Musgraves’ “Merry Go Round” while Best Country Duo/Group Performance went to The Civil Wars for “From This Valley”.
Here’s a picture of my favorite nominees tonight, Taylor Swift and Sara Bareilles. Good luck, ladies!
Coming up on the Calendar!
- January 26: The 56th Annual Grammy Awards will take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. The show will be broadcast live on CBS from 8–11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). Taylor Swift will be performing! She has four nominations: Album of the Year for RED, Best Country Album for RED, Best Country Duo/Group Performance for “Highway Don’t Care” along with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban, and Best Country Song for “Begin Again”.