Let your words be anything but empty…
It might not be wise to divert topics in the midst of the whirlwind that is the pre-release 1989 promo tour but this is for a good cause. According to the official video description, TODAY’s Hoda Kotb teamed up with Cyndi Lauper and Sara Bareilles, who mashed up their hits ‘True Colors’ and ‘Brave’ to create a song to raise money for the fight against pediatric cancer. The music video for “Truly Brave” features young cancer patients from The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. You can help out here.
The result is a brilliant piece of music that acts like a conduct for hope so I thought this was worth sharing. Have a listen:
Sara Bareilles is impressive. Not many people can match vocals with the legendary Cyndi Lauper, but then again not many people can match vocals with Sara Bareilles! 🙂 If you want to help fight pediatric cancer, please donate here.
Remember you can take part in the official 1989 Swiftstakes that includes 250 Meets and Greets for two people. Taylor Swift’s new album, 1989, is released October 27. The Sparkly Dressed is nominated for Best Female and Best Look at the 2014 MTV EMA on November 9. You can vote here.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- October 6: Taylor Swift will be on Le Grand Journal in Paris, France.
- October 9: Taylor Swift joins Capital FM’s Charity Breakfast for Global’s Make Some Noise Day
- October 10: Taylor Swift will appear on The Graham Norton Show.
- October 20: Taylor Swift performs on the grand finale of X Factor Australia.
- October 24: Taylor Swift performs at the We Can Survive 2014 event at the Hollywood Bowl.
- October 27: Taylor Swift’s 1989 is released.
- October 27: Taylor Swift will perform on Good Morning America according to GMA via Twitter
- October 27, 28: Taylor Swift appears during The Knockout Rounds on NBC’s The Voice.
- October 29: Taylor Swift’s Scholastic reading event at 1pm ET, 10am PT.
(Sources: TODAY via YouTube)