There are moments, Taylor Nation.
In these moments Tay just reveals there’s more to her than meets the eye. There’s a time in which I can forget about all the magazines and the dresses and the appearances and the production and it’s just Taylor and it’s live. That’s where things like this happen and if you get to hear it, the whole image that everyone is pushing down your throat from media and promotion becomes irrelevant. This where you can proof to anybody with half a brain that the person behind the name of Taylor Swift can actually sing her heart out (there was an expletive in the previous phrase as you can guess but I opted to make this PG-13).
Earlier today, the artist known as Taylor Swift, stood in front of a piano and did a cover of Vance Joy’s “Riptide” on BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge. The result is captivating. Take a listen.
I want an album of covers from Miss Swift. And they all have to be acoustic like this one. Just take my money and make it happen.
Remember you can take part in the official 1989 Swiftstakes that includes 250 Meets and Greets for two people. Taylor Swift’s new album, 1989, is released October 27. The Sparkly Dressed is nominated for Best Female and Best Look at the 2014 MTV EMA on November 9. You can vote here.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- October 10: Taylor Swift will appear on The Graham Norton Show.
- October 12: Taylor Swift will perform on the X-Factor (UK) in London, UK.
- October 17: Taylor Swift appears in a skit on the Stand Up To Cancer telethon.
- October 20: Taylor Swift performs on the grand finale of X Factor Australia.
- October 24: Taylor Swift performs at the We Can Survive 2014 event at the Hollywood Bowl.
- October 27: Taylor Swift’s 1989 is released.
- October 27: Taylor Swift will perform on Good Morning America according to GMA via Twitter
- October 27, 28: Taylor Swift appears during The Knockout Rounds on NBC’s The Voice.
- October 29: Taylor Swift’s Scholastic reading event at 1pm ET, 10am PT.
(Sources: BBC Radio 1)