The struggle is real, Taylor Nation.
The Queen of Sparks is aiming at world domination. Yeah, yeah she’s just doing a world tour. I don’t buy it. Taylor Swift is now in London and I will have more on that briefly, but for now let’s just report on yet another appearance. This time she was on the cover of People magazine for October. She actually recreated the cover from Mia Farrow which was the first ever issue of People for their 40th anniversary issue.
“The last couple of years have been about defining life on my own terms,” the Blonde With The Sparkly Guitar tells People. “Being on my own, prioritizing my girlfriends, my family and my music above everything else and trying things I never thought I’d try. It’s really been a liberating and freeing time.” The single life suits her well.
“I made the decision to spend time on my own and figure out who I am,” said T-Swizzle. “When you take the other person out of the scenario and you’re walking through life on your own, you end up figuring out what you actually like without anyone else’s input.”
Taylor also talks about the album. “Emotionally speaking, it’s not a heartbreak record,” she tells People. “My music is derived from what’s happening in my personal life, and I haven’t had my heart broken.” She also added, “When I’m deeply hurt by something, I usually respond by writing exactly how I feel about it in a song but I just haven’t been devastated in the last couple of years.”
“My music before this has been very guitar-heavy, live drums, it’s had a very acoustic sound at its core,” says Taylor. “This is a sound that’s based in synth pop and keyboards and automated drums and vocal layering.”
You can read more on PEOPLE magazine’s 40th anniversary issue which should be out in newsstands now.
Remember you can take part in the official 1989 Swiftstakes that includes 250 Meets and Greets for two people. Taylor Swift’s new album, 1989, is released October 27. The Sparkly Dressed is nominated for Best Female and Best Look at the 2014 MTV EMA on November 9. You can vote here.
Also, see the amazing photo of the Princess in Red… actually dressed in red, after the jump.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- October 10: Taylor Swift will appear on The Graham Norton Show.
- October 12: Taylor Swift will perform on the X-Factor (UK) in London, UK.
- October 17: Taylor Swift appears in a skit on the Stand Up To Cancer telethon.
- October 20: Taylor Swift performs on the grand finale of X Factor Australia.
- October 24: Taylor Swift performs at the We Can Survive 2014 event at the Hollywood Bowl.
- October 27: Taylor Swift’s 1989 is released.
- October 27: Taylor Swift will perform on Good Morning America according to GMA via Twitter
- October 27, 28: Taylor Swift appears during The Knockout Rounds on NBC’s The Voice.
- October 29: Taylor Swift’s Scholastic reading event at 1pm ET, 10am PT.
(Sources: PEOPLE magazine)