It’ll leave you breathless, Taylor Nation.
…or with a nasty scar if you don’t put that glue gun down. Here at the Swift Agency, just a guy who promises you longer weekends if he ever gets elected president, we barely got a few things done last week. On the other hand, the Sparkly Dressed went ahead and sold 312,000 more copies of 1989. That brings the total number of albums to 2 million. Overachiever? You bet. You can read the original story on Billboard. Yo, haters – what did you accomplish last week?
The record-breaker and shaker also made history when “Blank Space” dethroned “Shake It Off” as a single in the Hot 100 Billboard Chart. It’s the only time in the 56 years of existence of the Hot 100 that an artist’s single has been succeeded by another single of the same artist.
Taylor will be at KIIS FM’s Jingle Ball in Los Angeles, California on December 5, Capital FM’s Jingle Ball in London, UK on December 7 and z100’s Jingle Ball 2014 in New York City, New York on December 12. The Sparkly Dressed has been nominated for three People Choice Awards: Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Pop Artist and Favorite Song for “Shake It Off”. The show airs on January 7. You can vote here.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- November 23: “Blank Space” performance at the 2014 American Music Awards.
- November 25: “Blank Space” performance on NBC’s The Voice.
- November 27: Taylor Swift performs at Thanksgiving Day Parade on CBS.
- December 5: KIIS FM’s Jingle Ball in Los Angeles, California.
- December 7: Capital FM’s Jingle Ball in London, UK.
- December 9: 2014 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- December 12: Billboard Women Music Awards. Taylor Swift has been selected as 2014 Woman of the Year for a second time.
- December 12: Taylor Swift will perform at the z100’s Jingle Ball 2014.
- December 13: If you don’t know, I’m not telling you.
- December 14: Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2014.
- December 31: Taylor Swift headlines New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest.