We’re going down in flames, Taylor Nation.
Okey, remember how some people said that Taylor Swift pulling her music from Spotify could hurt her in the long run? Some critics actually thought that effect would be manifested when the Billboard 200 chart considered digital track sales and on-demand streaming in addition to traditional sales, all measured by Nielsen. According to Billboard, the new system accepts “industry benchmarks for digital and streaming data, where 10 digital track sales from an album is equivalent to one album sale, and 1,500 song streams from an album equates to one album sale. All of the major on-demand audio subscription services are considered, including Spotify, Beats Music, Google Play and Xbox Music.”
The Blonde With The Sparkly 1989 Microphone was busy in New York last night, where she was one of the musical guests at the 2014 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. The show will be broadcast on December 9. She shared a casual picture on Instagram.
Our Fearless Leader’s 1989 was on the second spot last week under the old system, where it had lost the throne to One Direction’s Four. Under the new system, it’s back to the first spot. A 339,000 total album equivalent units in the week ending Nov. 30 brought it back to the top. 281,000 of those are pure album sales. 1989’s album sales gain a grand total of 2.5 million after five weeks on sale. The album remains No. 1 on the Top Album Sales chart, which maintains the old Billboard 200’s methodology of ranking pure album sales.
Taylor will be at KIIS FM’s Jingle Ball in Los Angeles, California on December 5, Capital FM’s Jingle Ball in London, UK on December 7 and z100’s Jingle Ball 2014 in New York City, New York on December 12. The Sparkly Dressed has been nominated for three People Choice Awards: Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Pop Artist and Favorite Song for “Shake It Off”. The show airs on January 7. You can vote here.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- December 5: KIIS FM’s Jingle Ball in Los Angeles, California.
- December 7: Capital FM’s Jingle Ball in London, UK.
- December 9: 2014 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- December 12: Billboard Women Music Awards. Taylor Swift has been selected as 2014 Woman of the Year for a second time.
- December 12: Taylor Swift will perform at the z100’s Jingle Ball 2014.
- December 13: If you don’t know, I’m not telling you.
- December 14: Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2014.
- December 31: Taylor Swift headlines New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest.