Hello, beautiful. Good morning: Taylor Swift on ELLE
The drought was the very worst, Taylor Nation.
But now we seem to be getting an avalanche of news regarding the Sparkly Dressed. Here at the Swift Agency, just a guy that really needs to go to bed, we’re hoping Las Vegas is jumping. The Blonde With The Sparkly 1989 Microphone is headed there next.
Taylor is on the cover of ELLE magazine for June’s Women in Music cover story. While describing the song “Clean”, her insight into heartbreak has the precision of a surgeon’s scalpel. “A heartbroken person is unlike any other person,” Taylor tells Tavi Gevinson. “Their time moves at a completely different pace than ours. It’s this mental, physical, emotional ache and feeling so conflicted. Nothing distracts you from it.”
She’s also akin with the recovery process, something she describes with such affinity that you can recognize her talent for songwriting. “You replace these old habits with new habits,” she says, “like texting your friends in a group chat all day and planning fun dinner parties and going out on adventures with your girlfriends, and then all of a sudden one day you’re in London and you realize you’ve been in the same place as your ex for two weeks and you’re fine. And you hope he’s fine. The first thought that came to my mind was, I’m finally clean.”
Check out the original article preview on ELLE. The magazine hits the stands on May 19.
Coming up on the Calendar:
- May 13: Paul Sidoti‘s Birthday.
- May 15: Taylor Swift performs at Rock in Rio USA in Las Vegas, NV.
- May 15: Caitlin Evanson performs at Lestat’s West in San Diego, CA.
- May 17: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards are broadcast live from MGM Grand Central Arena in Las Vegas, NV on ABC at 8pm Eastern / 7pm Central. Taylor Swift leads with 14 nominations including Top Artist. The “Bad Blood” video will premiere at the start of the show.
- May 20: The 1989 World Tour – Bossier City, LA – CenturyLink Center.
- May 22: The 1989 World Tour – Baton Rouge, LA – LSU Tiger Stadium.