Inside 1989: A little inspirational speech before Clean (tour spoilers)
Rain came pouring down, Taylor Nation.
Here at the Swift Agency, just a guy who would punch a hole in the roof because it would be nice to have a skylight (and yes we are kidding when we say that). we can’t wait for the Bad Blood video. Before we move on, I did wanted to share this speech from Taylor. Yes, she does rehearse the things she says but she does write them herself, something that I know critics still don’t believe. Words are kind of her thing. The Songstress should write a book of poems.
This is the speech that Taylor used in Tokyo, Japan right before the performance of “Clean”. I’ve taken the liberty of spacing it – that’s my little contribution/interpretation. I am not a poet. I just thought it you’d appreciate the read better this way.
Maybe you lost someone you never expected you would lose. Maybe you lost yourself. That’s even worse. When you have bad days that just won’t let up, I just hope that you will look in the mirror and remind yourself of what you are and what you are not.
You are not your mistakes.
You are not damaged goods or money from your failed explorations.
You are not the opinion of someone who doesn’t know you.
You are a product of the lessons that you’ve learned.
You are wiser because you went through something terrible.
And you are the person who survived a bunch of rainstorms and kept walking.
I now believe that pain makes you stronger. And now I believe that walking through a lot of rainstorms gets you… Clean.
– Taylor Swift, The 1989 World Tour in Tokyo, Japan.
It’s impossible not to read in between the lines and figure out that she’s actually sharing something that she’s told herself. It’s inspiration brought by her own life experience. Everything she shares, she enhances just right so it’s relevant to your life and mine. That’s talent right there 🙂
The Blonde With The Sparkly 1989 Microphone will be playing Rock in Rio USA in Las Vegas… and on your computer screen through Yahoo! Live this Friday, May 15. The word on the street is that T-Swizzle will actually be bringing a lot of the 1989 World Tour to the stage. On Sunday where Taylor premieres “Bad Blood” at the start of the 2015 Billboard Music Awards. Stay for the show, she’s got 14 nominations.
Coming up on the Calendar:
- May 15: Taylor Swift performs at Rock in Rio USA in Las Vegas, NV.
- May 15: Caitlin Evanson performs at Lestat’s West in San Diego, CA.
- May 17: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards are broadcast live from MGM Grand Central Arena in Las Vegas, NV on ABC at 8pm Eastern / 7pm Central. Taylor Swift leads with 14 nominations including Top Artist. The “Bad Blood” video will premiere at the start of the show.
- May 20: The 1989 World Tour – Bossier City, LA – CenturyLink Center.
- May 22: The 1989 World Tour – Baton Rouge, LA – LSU Tiger Stadium.
(Sources: Twitter, Tumblr, TheSwiftAgency.com)