Big Swift weekend coming up, Taylor Nation!
Update: Well, Yahoo! Live just announced that Taylor’s show will not be part of the livestream. OUCH.
The Blonde With The Sparkly 1989 Microphone will be playing Rock in Rio USA in Las Vegas…
and on your computer screen through Yahoo! Live this Friday, May 15. Here at the Swift Agency, we can say that at least the placeholder promo for the Pop Weekend concert plays from Canada. Fingers crossed someone doesn’t flip that dreaded region lock. If I see that “Not available in your region” warning I’ll be having a fit.
Taylor is part of the Pop Weekend concerts – who are we kidding, she’s a headliner. The Yahoo! Live livestream begins 6:30 pm Eastern, but you’ll probably have a to wait a little (a lot) for the Sparkly Dressed to arrive. If you’ve ever seen an award show with a Taylor performance you know they don’t let the Cat-astrophe out of the bag any time close to early to get you to keep watching.
Update: Taylor is scheduled to start at 11:10pm PDT (2:10am EDT)
The word on the street is that T-Swizzle will actually be bringing a lot of the 1989 World Tour to the stage. With a long night ahead, some songs may be cut but the rumor is that she will play a lot of the big numbers. For more than a few Swifties that live overseas, this might be their only chance to have a glimpse (and I am hoping more than that) into the 1989 World Tour.
As always, expect social media to be buzzing this Friday, as well as on Sunday where Taylor premieres “Bad Blood” at the start of the 2015 Billboard Music Awards. Stay for the show, she’s got 14 nominations.
Now go get some sleep. You’re going to need it.
Coming up on the Calendar:
- May 15: Taylor Swift performs at Rock in Rio USA in Las Vegas, NV.
- May 15: Caitlin Evanson performs at Lestat’s West in San Diego, CA.
- May 17: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards are broadcast live from MGM Grand Central Arena in Las Vegas, NV on ABC at 8pm Eastern / 7pm Central. Taylor Swift leads with 14 nominations including Top Artist. The “Bad Blood” video will premiere at the start of the show.
- May 20: The 1989 World Tour – Bossier City, LA – CenturyLink Center.
- May 22: The 1989 World Tour – Baton Rouge, LA – LSU Tiger Stadium.
(Sources: Yahoo! Live)