Review Corner: Kelsea Ballerini’s The First Time
I know I’m late to the party again 🙂
Kelsea Ballerini‘s new album, The First Time, was released on iTunes on May 18, 2015. The first single out of the album, Love Me Like You Mean It, has been making the rounds on social media, including getting that rare accolade: a Taylor Swift tweet.
Love Me Like You Mean It is a great single for the radio. XO also makes for a great album kick-ass opener. There’s also more than your average depth in songs like Peter Pan and Square Pegs, but I will have to make a special mention of Secondhand Smoke. That’s a very deep and emotionally connecting song. The album is released by the Black River Entertainment label.
Here’s the video for Love Me Like You Mean It:
Kelsea Ballerini was first introduced to us by Taylor Talk on their segment What Are Swifties Listening To back in early March 2015, a week before Sparkly Dressed tweeted about her. She also did an interview with Adam that you can listen to on Episode 178.
Coming up on the Calendar:
- May 30: The 1989 World Tour – Detroit, MI – Ford Field.
- June 2: The 1989 World Tour – Louisville, KY – KFC Yum! Center.
- June 3: The 1989 World Tour – Cleveland, OH – Quicken Loans Arena.
- June 6: The 1989 World Tour – Pittsburgh, PA – Heinz Field.
- June 8: The 1989 World Tour – Charlotte, NC – Time Warner Cable Arena.
- June 9: The 1989 World Tour – Raleigh, NC – PNC Arena.