This is how they roll, Taylor Nation.
Big Machine has grown up a lot since they were just Big Machine Records. Nowadays, they’re a label group that encompasses Big Machine Records, Valory Music, Republic Nashville, Dot Records and Nash Icon Records. They’re the bad boy in the neighborhood with the souped up roadster. But beyond their race car image, they’ve also sign some impressive female artists to the country music genre, including the artist that put them on the map: Taylor Swift.
Nowadays they count icons such as Martina McBride and Reba McEntire, slick music contest winners Cassadee Pope and Danielle Bradberry and newcomers that are pushing the envelope, such as Maddie and Tae with their hit single Girl In A Country Song. I saw them perform at the Chevrolet Riverfront Stage. Besides their other hit Fly, I was impressed with their rendition of Dolly Parton’s classic Nine To Five. They were also scheduled to perform at LP Field.
Big Machine also has a new presence in town: its new Big Machine Store, which already has an online presence on their site MusicHasValue.com.
You might remember that I’ve gone to this CMA Fest 2015 with a bit of an agenda. Which is, I’m focusing on female country artists. There’s no bigger endorsement than this label, which started building its reputation with the Blonde With The Sparkly Guitar. However, respects must be paid to the other brains of the operation, mainly its charismatic CEO Scott Borchetta. He was scheduled for a meet and greet at the Big Machine Store. If you visit the Music City, you’ll find it on 122 3rd Ave S & the Pedestrian Bridge.
Coming up on the Calendar:
- June 19: The 1989 World Tour – Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany – Lanxess Arena.
- June 20: The 1989 World Tour – Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany – Lanxess Arena.
- June 21: Mallary Hope‘s Birthday.
- June 21: The 1989 World Tour – Amsterdam, North Holland Netherlands – Ziggo Dome.
- June 23: The 1989 World Tour – Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom – SSE Hydro.
- June 24: The 1989 World Tour – Manchester, NW England United Kingdom – Arena Manchester.
- June 27: The 1989 World Tour – London, England United Kingdom – British Summertime Hyde Park.
(Sources: TheSwiftAgency.com, BigMachineLabelGroup.com, MusicHasValue.com)