What you’re looking for has been here the whole time, Taylor Nation.
Every now and then in our lives, we hit milestones. It’s upon those times we often look back and reminisce about past accomplishments that set us on our paths. Here at the Swift Agency, just some old guy who likes to write about nostalgia and concert experiences, we think that might have been Taylor’s mindset at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey when she decided to play an acoustic version of You Belong With Me. The Sparkly Dressed brought the 1989 World Tour on July 10 and July 11.
Both days were full of surprises, with this performance being a bit of a throwback to the Fearless era on Saturday, July 11. The weekend would start on a high note with her first musical guest, The Weeknd. They performed Can’t Feel My Face. During Style, she also invited Heidi Klum and… the US Women Soccer Team, fresh for their win at the World Cup! You can read up more on that on TIME.com.
She would also bring out some of the cast of Bad Blood for a kick ass performance of the same song. You can read up more on Billboard.com.
The very next night she would be bringing Nick Jonas to perform Jealous. She also brought some her own friends to the stage, Victoria’s Secret supermodels as well as actress Uzo Aduba from the TV Series Orange Is The New Black.
Up next, the 1989 World Tour goes to Washington, DC.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- July 13: The 1989 World Tour – Washington, DC – Nationals Park.
- July 14: The 1989 World Tour – Washington, DC – Nationals Park.
- July 18: The 1989 World Tour – Chicago, IL – Soldier Field.
- July 19: The 1989 World Tour – Chicago, IL – Soldier Field.
- July 24: The 1989 World Tour – Foxborough, MA – Gillette Stadium.
- July 25: The 1989 World Tour – Foxborough, MA – Gillette Stadium.