Happy (belated) Birthday David Cook! 1989 World Santa Clara with Fifth Harmony and Little Mix!
I should’ve been there in the back of your mind, Taylor Nation.
Here at the Swift Agency, just a guy who just came back from a much needed break, we’re getting back on schedule. Happy belated birthday to The Agency’s own musical director David Cook! He’s always been such an amazing person to fans that I’d be remiss to not give him props for his birthday (August 12). Please check out David’s projects at davidcookmusic.com. You can buy his jazz albums here.
The Blonde With The Sparkly Guitar has been busy. Taylor brought her 1989 World Tour to the Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California for two amazing nights. On August 14, she would bring us back to the past with Should’ve Said No and bring surprise guest group Fifth Harmony for a performance of Worth It.
On August 15, her throwback song was dedicated to Jaime King’s baby with Never Grow Up. She’s the literal godmother to that child. I expect someone is already photoshopping a magic wand and some wings to the Sparkly Dressed. She also brought Little Mix as the secret guest to play Black Magic.
According to Vanity Fair, T-Swizzle brought out Julia Roberts and Joan Baez to the stage during Style. I’ve already mentioned this, but I’m not quite on board with the whole concept of the runway cameos (kinda glad it didn’t happen in Montreal because Style is one of my favorites and I don’t like it interrupted). It feels a lot like name dropping in visual form. That being said, Joan is a singer-songwriter so musically there is a slight connection. I’ve got nothing against Julia but she was a fish out of water here.
Up next! Glendale! And you can probably guess there’s a ton of surprises for Los Angeles coming up next week.
Coming up on the Calendar!
- August 17: The 1989 World Tour – Glendale, AZ – Gila River Arena.
- August 18: The 1989 World Tour – Glendale, AZ – Gila River Arena.
- August 21: The 1989 World Tour – Los Angeles, CA – Staples Center.
- August 22: The 1989 World Tour – Los Angeles, CA – Staples Center.
- August 24: The 1989 World Tour – Los Angeles, CA – Staples Center.
- August 25: The 1989 World Tour – Los Angeles, CA – Staples Center.
- August 26: The 1989 World Tour – Los Angeles, CA – Staples Center.