I can’t seem to catch up, Taylor Nation.
Here at the Swift Agency, just a guy who nobody told blogging can be like a game of Tetris, I have an entry that I’m writing, an entry that I’m planning to write and this entry that was overdue which ties up the latest on Swift award news. I guess this one will have to go first, because this is very much need-to-know information.
First of all, you’ve probably heard of Taylor’s own listening sessions for the Grammy Pro members. Odds are you’ve seen these already, but here are the compiled links just in case you haven’t or want to listen in once more:
Listening Session With Taylor Swift: 1989 | Part 1
Taylor discusses the creation of 1989 and describes the process of writing “Blank Space”.
Listening Session With Taylor Swift: 1989 | Part 2
Taylor talks about collaborating with Jack Antonoff on “Out of the Woods” and Ryan Tedder on “I Know Places”.
Listening Session With Taylor Swift: 1989 | Part 3
Taylor describes working with Imogen Heap on “Clean” and Max Martin and Shellback on “Shake It Off”.
The NSAI (Nashville Songwriters Association International) presented their awards for 2015. The Songwriter/Artist of the Year was given to Taylor Swift. Among the hits mentioned under her belt this time were “Bad Blood,” “Blank Space,” “Shake It Off” and “Style.” She has won this award seven times in the last nine years. In case you want to know, she first won it in 2007, in a tie with Alan Jackson. Then she won it in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and now 2015. Check out the original story at NashvilleSongwriters.com.
The Blonde With The Sparkly 1989 Microphone has been nominated for six categories for the American Music Awards:
Artist of the Year
- Song of the Year for “Blank Space”
- Favorite Female Artist – Pop/Rock
- Favorite Album – Pop/Rock for 1989.
- Favorite Artist – Adult Contemporary
- Collaboration of the Year Un-leashed by T-Mobile for “Bad Blood” featuring Kendrick Lamar
Voting is now open at ama.votenow.tv. Voting is open for US residents only. No pressure but just so you know:
Taylor Swift is a 16-time American Music Award winner. She has won Artist of the Year 3 times and was awarded the first ever Dick Clark Award for Excellence in 2014. Swift earned 6 nominations for this year’s show and will surpass Whitney Houston (21 wins) as the female artist with the most AMA wins, if she sweeps in 2015 (22 wins).
The Enchantress is currently on her 1989 World Tour. She played the Fargodome in Fargo, North Dakota on October 12. The secret song was Fifteen.
Coming up in the Calendar!
- October 17: The 1989 World Tour – Dallas, TX – AT&T Stadium.
- October 20: The 1989 World Tour – Lexington, KY – Rupp Arena.
- October 21: The 1989 World Tour – Greensboro, NC – Greensboro Coliseum Complex.
- October 24: The 1989 World Tour – Atlanta, GA – Georgia Dome.
- October 25: The MTV EMA 2015 take place in Milan, Italy. Taylor Swift is nominated for nine awards.