She is all of this mixed up and baked into a beautiful pie…
If there’s an artist that makes music that can make my soul soar, that’s Sara Bareilles. The native from Eureka, California has been busy writing (hey I do that too! Results differ greatly though) music for a play called Waitress and a book, Sounds Like Me: My Life (So Far) In Song. I’ve read the book, and highly recommend it – although I encourage you to get familiar with Sara’s music first since you won’t get the same out of the background stories of her songs without knowing the songs first.
I hope I get to watch the play one day. Sara has released the first single of the soundtrack, She Used To Be Mine. You can also listen and be enchanted by it through the lyrics video below.
You can buy the song on iTunes and the book on Amazon.com. In case you want to know, she does mention that time she sang with Taylor Swift during the RED Tour. Yes, I had to fix up that post a little.
Coming up in the Calendar!
- October 17: The 1989 World Tour – Dallas, TX – AT&T Stadium.
- October 20: The 1989 World Tour – Lexington, KY – Rupp Arena.
- October 21: The 1989 World Tour – Greensboro, NC – Greensboro Coliseum Complex.
- October 24: The 1989 World Tour – Atlanta, GA – Georgia Dome.
- October 25: The MTV EMA 2015 take place in Milan, Italy. Taylor Swift is nominated for nine awards.