She’s all of this mixed up and baked into a beautiful pie.
It’s Sara Bareilles‘ time again. The extremely talented singer/songwriter (I may have a thing for extremely talented singer/songwriters) has released her new album What’s Inside: Songs from Waitress on iTunes, Amazon and Google Play.
You have to love musical theater pieces. They’re quirky, they’re weird, they’re lovable, they’re sinful, they’re inspiring and now I need to get me some pie somewhere. The album is work of art, and almost everything stands out. Some of the songs may transcend the stage and move into singles ready for play in your favorite radio station or smartphone. That’s the case of Sara’s current smash hit She Used To Be Mine. Jason Mraz appears to duet with Sara for Bad Idea and You Matter To Me.
Opening Up is fun. Door Number Three is quirky. When He Sees Me is adorably weird and awkward. Never Getting Rid Of Me is basically the dashing character response. You can musically follow along the play as you go through the album. It’s one of those albums where you need to start hearing it in the same order, and always listen to it from beginning to end. I can listen to She Used To Be Mine and Bad Idea as standalone singles, but songs like When He Sees Me and Never Getting Rid Of Me have to played one after the other.
Here’s the featurette clips of Sara’s What’s Inside: Making the Record
Coming up in the Calendar!
- November 7: The 1989 World Tour – Singapore, Singapore – Singapore Indoor Stadium.
- November 8: The 1989 World Tour – Singapore, Singapore – Singapore Indoor Stadium.
- November 10: The 1989 World Tour – Shanghai, China – Mercedes-Benz Arena.
- November 11: The 1989 World Tour – Shanghai, China – Mercedes-Benz Arena.
- November 12: The 1989 World Tour – Shanghai, China – Mercedes-Benz Arena.