Talk about ninja style, Taylor Nation.
The Blonde With The Sparkly 1989 Microphone was somewhere else instead of the American Music Awards on Sunday November 22. That usually would get most artists no loot at all, but this is T-Swizzle we’re talking about. She managed to garner herself half of her total nominations, but those wins went under the radar. If you watched the show, you wouldn’t have seen her win a thing. Apparently she also won more awards than anybody else, not a huge thing but still speaks volumes of Taylor’s enduring popularity.
Her awards tonight were:
- Favorite Album Pop/Rock for 1989
- Song of the Year for “Blank Space”
- Favorite Artist Adult Contemporary
Also, that totals 19 career AMA wins!
And now some dancing 🙂
You can read the full list of winners at Billboard. It should eventually be updated on the official American Music Awards site. Also, there’s this batch of tweets that keep saying they saw Taylor Swift in New Zealand. Add that to Joseph Kahn’s mysterious tweet about doing something on some part of the world he obviously doesn’t want you to know about (but he does hint at) and we’ve got a full blown video-filming-on-location rumour going on. I’m not about these, but Joseph is known to drop hints like this.
Coming up in the Calendar:
- November 28: The 1989 World Tour – Sydney, Australia – ANZ Stadium.
- December 5: The 1989 World Tour – Brisbane, Australia – Suncorp Stadium.
- December 7: The 1989 World Tour – Adelaide, Australia – Entertainment Center.
- December 8: The 1989 World Tour – Adelaide, Australia – Entertainment Center.
- December 10: The 1989 World Tour – Melbourne, Australia – AAMI Park.
- December 11: The 1989 World Tour – Melbourne, Australia – AAMI Park.
- December 12: The 1989 World Tour – Melbourne, Australia – AAMI Park.